Help! No live feed.

Reaction score
Hey everyone so ive read other posts and the steps that need to be taken for the live feed to come back but i have had no luck. No matter the steps taken i.e solo on,controller on, then app etc...Heres the kicker. I am NOT using a GOPRO i am using a Garmin Virb Ultra 30. I had it working and then all of a sudden nothing. yes i have the plug all the way into the HDMi input, i have already taken it apart to visually inspect the cable (everything is plugged in)

Can anyone please help me. I cant seem to get my live feed working with my Iphone and garmin Virb Ultra 30 on my Solo. I have reached out to 3DR. Worthless.

thanks!

..Can anyone please help me. I cant seem to get my live feed working with my Iphone and garmin Virb Ultra 30 on my Solo. I have reached out to 3DR. Worthless.
Your Garmin is not an approved camera so you cannot reasonably expect 3DR to deal with it, or any of the litany of other none-GPs that folks try.

See the thing is tthat when i bought it 3DR even said any camera with HDMI input would work. And it did. I had it working then it didnt?

See the thing is tthat when i bought it 3DR even said any camera with HDMI input would work. And it did. I had it working then it didnt?
I've said a few times that you could use a turd for a camera on Solo. If that turd has HDMI out, so much the better... but it still isn't supported by 3DR, and with the shape 3DR is in, I wouldn't see them straining themselves to do so. Hope you get it re-working though.

Thanks yea. im loving the garmin. Its actually getting better reviews then the GP5. Im just baffled and what might of happened. I got a few flights in perfectly but then next day nothing. Think its maybe time to think about getting something new! :(

I've said a few times that you could use a turd for a camera on Solo. If that turd has HDMI out, so much the better... but it still isn't supported by 3DR, and with the shape 3DR is in, I wouldn't see them straining themselves to do so. Hope you get it re-working though.
Might know where i could pick up a new HDMi cable for the solo? Ive seen the ribbons but dont really want to invest 30 bucks for something that might not work.

Might know where i could pick up a new HDMi cable for the solo? Ive seen the ribbons but dont really want to invest 30 bucks for something that might not work.
There's a Solo repair facility that sells parts, but I've forgotten their name. Search for parts on here and I'm sure you'll find the name and link. Those original cables seem pretty rugged though. The connector on the board goes first it seems.

Some folks have had issues with durability with those ribbon cables.

Thanks. Sent them an email. Anyone know what might be wrong? At this point I'll take any suggestions.

So it was suggested that the HDMI cable is the culprit. I bought a replacement. Seating for its arrival. I was also told if that doesn't work it's the wifi board and I would need to replace it. Does that sound correct?
Thanks

Have you tried a different camera to see if it starts working again. Troubleshoot. Hook up a GoPro or some other micro HDMI out source and see if you get video. Also, hook the Garmin up to a TV or other HDMI-in product. See if you get video. Don't just throw parts at it.

Have you tried a different camera to see if it starts working again. Troubleshoot. Hook up a GoPro or some other micro HDMI out source and see if you get video. Also, hook the Garmin up to a TV or other HDMI-in product. See if you get video. Don't just throw parts at it.
Thanks doing that today. I do know that the Garmin works but I dont have a GoPro to test on the Solo so I'm trying to find one to borrow lol. I'll also be searching for another camera with an HDMI input to test on the Solo. I assume if I had a GoPro it wouldn't work either since there's no reason for the Garmin not to work and since it was working on the Solo. But we'll see. Does the wifi board transmit video? Is that why I was told to replace it next? Thanks for all the feedback guys. I appreciate it.

Whoever told you to replace the WiFi board as a solution to this has no clue what they're talking about. The WiFi link between the controller and the Solo is everything. Video, control, telemetry, etc. If everything else works, the problem has nothing to do with the WiFi. There is absolutely no reason to replace the WiFi board.

Whoever told you to replace the WiFi board as a solution to this has no clue what they're talking about. The WiFi link between the controller and the Solo is everything. Video, control, telemetry, etc. If everything else works, the problem has nothing to do with the WiFi. There is absolutely no reason to replace the WiFi board.
So I am having video problems but your saying if everything else works (which it is) it can't be the wifi card? So if the wifi card was damaged NOTHING would work correct? Thanks

So I am having video problems but your saying if everything else works (which it is) it can't be the wifi card? So if the wifi card was damaged NOTHING would work correct? Thanks
correct, although the stack board the wifi card connects to could be causing the issue as THAT is where the hdmi port is located on. they could have been referring to that board when they originally suggested changing the wifi card.

correct, although the stack board the wifi card connects to could be causing the issue as THAT is where the hdmi port is located on. they could have been referring to that board when they originally suggested changing the wifi card.
It was UAS repair who recommended getting a wifi card. I know that's what he meant cause he said I'd get more range with the upgraded wifi card. Sounds like he's just trying to up sell me. :/ well I hope it's the HDMI cable! Fingers crossed! Thanks again

unless the wifi card separates the video signal from the data via channel allocation (video feed on channel 9 and data on channel 11 for example) then its very unlikely that the wifi card could be causing the issue you're experiencing. Im not aware of such a channel separation, but im also not that familiar with the ins and outs of how these parts communicate together with the exception of standard protocol across the technology. perhaps an ex 3dr engineer could chime in here regarding that.

Nope, it doesn't do that.

It was UAS repair who recommended getting a wifi card. I know that's what he meant cause he said I'd get more range with the upgraded wifi card. Sounds like he's just trying to up sell me. :/ well I hope it's the HDMI cable! Fingers crossed! Thanks again

A year ago, there was a firmware issue that made the WiFi card upgrade a worthwhile boost in power. That has since been changed in the firmware. At present, the WiFi card swap is a rather insignificant change. Antennas are the way to boost your range and signal integrity.

Reactions: dml931

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela