solo wifi connection problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm working developing some software for 3DR Solo drone right now. I'm having problems trying to connect with the usual wifi that connects through: User: xxxxxxx and Password: xxxxxxxx, not only password. While the solo wifi command has a structure as follows: $ solo wifi --name='SSID' --password='xxxxxxx'; I don't know if I am going to be able to connect through this kind of wifi...

Has someone ever tried or knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone.

I'm working developing some software for 3DR Solo drone right now. I'm having problems trying to connect with the usual wifi that connects through: User: xxxxxxx and Password: xxxxxxxx, not only password. While the solo wifi command has a structure as follows: $ solo wifi --name='SSID' --password='xxxxxxx'; I don't know if I am going to be able to connect through this kind of wifi...

Has someone ever tried or knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
Accessing Solo | 3DR Solo Development Guide

I'm having problems trying to connect with the usual wifi that connects through: User: xxxxxxx and Password: xxxxxxxx, not only password.
What are you trying to say here? "not only password." ???
While the solo wifi command has a structure asfollows: $ solo wifi --name='SSID' --password='xxxxxxx'; I don't know if I am going to be able to connect through thiskindof wifi...
Huh. What do you mean?

If you want help your going to have to take the time to really explain what you are trying to do. It's not clear at all.

Hi. Thanks for both replies.

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I'd liked to be. The usual wifi is a unique SSID with a password, or not password at all, as any of us would have at home. But in my case, I'm using a public wifi which requires identification to connect through a user+password identification. What I was asking is if someone had connected through the "solo wifi" command to that kind of wifi.

The problem is that the command solo wifi has no User entry in the guide... And I have no problems accessing through ssh, but I need the wifi access.

I don't know if that was clearer. Thanks in advance.

You need to connect directly to the solo wifi connection from your device, not the public wifi. That's the SSID you gave solo, along with the password. You can't be connected to both. Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to accomplish we could help more.

You need to connect directly to the solo wifi connection from your device, not the public wifi. That's the SSID you gave solo, along with the password. You can't be connected to both. Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to accomplish we could help more.
Well maybe if he set up a WDS network. Or used an Apple router with the extend a wifi network option, where he would essentially be configuring the base station as a bridge?

I think I misunderstood what the wifi command do... Thanks, I guess that the problem is solved. You have to connect the pc to solo's wifi, not the other way around...
And, the WDS network to do a bridge is quite interesting Erik. I had not thought about it. Thanks :)

I think I misunderstood what the wifi command do... Thanks, I guess that the problem is solved. You have to connect the pc to solo's wifi, not the other way around...
And, the WDS network to do a bridge is quite interesting Erik. I had not thought about it. Thanks :)
Ahh. Yes.

The solo creates the wifi network. You connect to it with you PC, phone or tablet. Not the other way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc