Solo went for a drink in the deep blue sea

better yet!!
But Walmart is everywhere, so when you are driving to the shore to fish and realize you forgot your $8/can - you can swing into the parking lot and grab another for $11 and no shipping cost!!

better yet!!
$8 !!!!!
Please tell me you didn’t “ half-step???”
YOU should have ordered that 55 gallon drum- it’s only $3687.20
YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU’RE GONNA NEED PLENTY!!!

$8 !!!!!
Please tell me you didn’t “ half-step???”
YOU should have ordered that 55 gallon drum- it’s only $3687.20
YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU’RE GONNA NEED PLENTY!!!
I got 2 cans. Should be enough for my reels and one bird lol.
I should've got the drum and bathe you in it.

I got 2 cans. Should be enough for my reels and one bird lol.
I should've got the drum and bathe you in it.

I fly over the ocean on vacation so I am somewhat concerned about taking a bath since I'm out of my normal flying environment. What is this Corrosion-X and other coatings you guys are talking about? How do you use it? I don't do drops yet, but with OpenSolo and Green Cube installed my Solo is much improved and trustworthy.

What is this Corrosion-X and other coatings you guys are talking about? How do you use it?
It is the best corrosion prevention you could use for electronics and all other things metal. I used it in my aircraft maintenance work and all the stuff I fix/maintain at home too. Thin film coating that is sprayed on circuit boards, connectors, motors/bearings, fasteners etc. Look at the website it is quite informative. There are a couple of videos there too. The first video shown explains it pretty well. There are 2 bearings they show in the video that were exposed to seawater for 2 weeks. The difference is very telling. Another good video linked there that was done by the RC guys at Flite Test on Youtube. CorrosionX

Reactions: timgilley
It is the best corrosion prevention you could use for electronics and all other things metal. I used it in my aircraft maintenance work and all the stuff I fix/maintain at home too. Thin film coating that is sprayed on circuit boards, connectors, motors/bearings, fasteners etc. Look at the website it is quite informative. There are a couple of videos there too. The first video shown explains it pretty well. There are 2 bearings they show in the video that were exposed to seawater for 2 weeks. The difference is very telling. Another good video linked there that was done by the RC guys at Flite Test on Youtube. CorrosionX

Thanks for the overview. Have you flown your Solo after a 'bath' in the Corrosion-X solution...no problems? I'm in machining maintenance and usually skeptical of 'magic' solutions. I've seen how the wrong hydraulic fluid or lubricant can screw up a machine.

Thanks for the overview. Have you flown your Solo after a 'bath' in the Corrosion-X solution...no problems? I'm in machining maintenance and usually skeptical of 'magic' solutions. I've seen how the wrong hydraulic fluid or lubricant can screw up a machine.
So from an engineering standpoint and what I've seen with the ingredients it's more of a hydrophobic spray than a "miracle cure". It seems that it works by using a resin to coat the surface but no way is it going to make the bird waterproof. So in all, I think that this is to better your chances of saving your bird after a dip, or simply just flying over water and the eventuality of ocean spray getting into your stuff

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Hey man! If you don't get that salty solo flying I could use that frame for my brother's concrete crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea