Solo went for a drink in the deep blue sea

Hell. You bought a Solo. Set it up to surf fish. Did, what I can only imagine; some half-assed practice and plunged a couple hundred dollar drone into the ocean. Yup.
You got my approval.

Guessing you are looking for Rev A Solos?
“A” for aqua. Or maybe Rev B... for bay?
Wrap your next Solo in a large freezer ziplock bag.

Once I get home, I’ll look at your “wish list” and see what I have. I bought some stuff from a guy who’s Solo went down in Baltimore City- it was within sight, but before he got to it, the kids took his gopro and kicked the shit out of his drone. They busted the hell out of it- he gave it to me and I spent a couple hours removing everything I thought could come in handy-
little did I know..... I’d run into you.

Reactions: Kevin15664
Just come over and talk to me, I’m sitting next to the tree-

Just come over and talk to me, I’m sitting next to the tree-
I'm from Texas sir. Only good thing that came out of WV is a smokin hot brunette that Jody will probably get ahold of when I go to OCS

Once I get home, I’ll look at your “wish list” and see what I have. I bought some stuff from a guy who’s Solo went down in Baltimore City- it was within sight, but before he got to it, the kids took his gopro and kicked the shit out of his drone. They busted the hell out of it- he gave it to me and I spent a couple hours removing everything I thought could come in handy-
little did I know..... I’d run into you.
Its gods work I tell ya. He knew you needed more responsibility and what better way than a future butterbar and a reckless pilot

No love in wv. Jodie has been terrorizing gf’s since 1776. Makes you wonder what he eats?

Tore everything apart. Headed to Wally world to get distilled water to wash. Stuff has already started rusting
After drying or maybe even before, you could use a thin-film corrosion spray. Hint to all who read and fly over water, this (Corrosion-X) spray could be used on electronics, motors etc. Spray it on before you take your bird out next time. It dries to a thin film. It is used to prevent corrosion and it works. I've used it on aircraft and some of my electronics and other stuff that tends to get wet and would normally corrode. It works really well. Not cheap but worth the price. I was getting mine from Aircraft supply shop. If this stuff was on your Solo's electronics, I bet after rinsing and drying, it would power up fine.
CorrosionX

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
After drying or maybe even before, you could use a thin-film corrosion spray. Hint to all who read and fly over water, this (Corrosion-X) spray could be used on electronics, motors etc. Spray it on before you take your bird out next time. It dries to a thin film. It is used to prevent corrosion and it works. I've used it on aircraft and some of my electronics and other stuff that tends to get wet and would normally corrode. It works really well. Not cheap but worth the price. I was getting mine from Aircraft supply shop. If this stuff was on your Solo's electronics, I bet after rinsing and drying, it would power up fine.
CorrosionX
Just got two cans. Do I just spray the stuff onto my metal?

Just got two cans. Do I just spray the stuff onto my metal?
Read manufacturer's instructions. You spray down your electronic circuit boards, connectors, motors, anywhere you have potential for corrosion. Batteries too. It will stop corrosion. I would wipe off any excess with a soft cloth. You can watch vids on link to site for some help, I just noticed they have one from Flite Test guys that do model aircraft.

BTW, you can use Corrosion-X on your fishing gear too. Works wonders on anything that is affected by salt water corrosion.

CorrosionX
953BE1C7-E115-417E-A865-61FC12A47276.png

This forum is amazing- it’s “ networking “ for the 3DR Solo enthusiasts

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela