Solo went completely nuts!

Reaction score
What the hell happened?! I flew it about a week ago last with absolutely no problems at all. I try to fly today in very light winds on a nice almost completely clear afternoon and my Solo goes nuts!

This video is from the 4th attempt. The first 3 times it went WAY more out of control before i could shut it down and it crashed. Luckily only the props were damaged each time. I wanted to get a video to send with the logs to support and finally managed to do so on the 4th and most definitely, final attempt!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What mode were you in and what was your gps hdop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I didn't check the HDOP, but I was attempting a simple Tower flight plan. Had 1 single waypoint to fly to and stop. The next 2 flights were normal/regular fly mode as I've always done before thinking somehow I had done something stupid in Tower, but it was a very very basic single WP plan. The last attempt # 4 in the video, before I took off HDOP was 1.6 I believe and I was in regular normal fly mode.

What mode were you in and what was your gps hdop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was actually your YouTube video I watched today about using Tower with Solo.

Check your motor pods, I'd say you have one seizing up causing uncontrollable yaw.
If you use mission planner you can run one at a time.
Probably one that spins CCW.

What the hell happened?! I flew it about a week ago last with absolutely no problems at all. I try to fly today in very light winds on a nice almost completely clear afternoon and my Solo goes nuts!

This video is from the 4th attempt. The first 3 times it went WAY more out of control before i could shut it down and it crashed. Luckily only the props were damaged each time. I wanted to get a video to send with the logs to support and finally managed to do so on the 4th and most definitely, final attempt!

Just a thought here ...but could it be that something is changed in your parameters that made your Solo do the Head Spin..?

Check your motor pods, I'd say you have one seizing up causing uncontrollable yaw.
If you use mission planner you can run one at a time.
Probably one that spins CCW.
My thought as well. To spin like that it's definitely a motor issue. MP should be able to isolate it.

Reactions: RolandS888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig