Solo was meant for "THIS"

Reaction score
Well for me anyway. Truth be told I picked up a Solo as a late (very) late adopter as in Today. It's not my first drone by any means but what hooked me was the ability to fly manual and of course the modding opportunities and COST (would I say disposable drone - perhaps not but less agonizing to loose certainly). First flight this afternoon and while not impressed initially with it's flight characteristics ( I was not actually expecting a hover lock, but perhaps a bit more locked in than it was) I could see the potential in manual mode/sport mode. Walking away from my maiden flights I was thinking... when/where am I going to want to fly this drone... Then I remembered an accessory that I picked up last week. After installing said accessory and taking it out to the park 'after dark' I knew the purpose for my Solo - and that is NIGHT FLYING. The best $29 bucks I have spent so far is on the Polar Pro lights (sure, most if not all of their other products are grossly overpriced for what you get IMO) the Solo lights are simple and WORK. I have several TOY drones that I fly at night and lately have been taking my P4P up in the night sky with a few strobon's attached but that will end now with the Solo as for my use case it's the perfect night flier and if something goes wrong, as it can easily at night the 'crap' factor is significantly less. Having only flown 3 batteries so far I am not 100% but I felt that the night flying run ran down the battery a bit (significant - not sure yet) more. I plan to mount a few strobon's to the Solo and take it out again to see how it fares.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150