Solo video feed vibrations or wobbling

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
If anyone can help me figure out why at times the video is vibration or a wobble look to it. At times when I can fly out of the this. Is the motors going out ? I have balanced my blades and made sure no cables in the drone is touching the gimbal motor. I have uploaded a video to show my issues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What gopro are you using and what are the settings and was that youtube link straight out of camera (no post)? The jello effect might be from ill advised frame rate settings and the vibrations look pretty normal for alot of footage requires a bit of stabilization in post...the tilted night shot looks like a sick gimbal..mine has done that a coupke times lately as well..id try to recalibrate as correctly as possible, but i think also all of this could be a sick gimbal with poorly routed and shielded cables....

Last edited:
I have never seen anything like that beginning "jello". Like jib said, probably more related to camera/ post processing issues.
The gimbal flop in the middle has been discussed in many threads. Here is one that might help:
Double check your gimbal install.

What gopro are you using and what are the settings and was that youtube link straight out of camera (no post)? The jello effect might be from ill advised frame rate settings and the vibrations look pretty normal for alot of footage requires a bit of stabilization in post...the tilted night shot looks like a sick gimbal..mine has done that a coupke times lately as well..id try to recalibrate as correctly as possible, but i think also all of this could be a sick gimbal with poorly routed and shielded cables....

Im using the hero 4 silver and I have not changed any setting on my go pro Im just shooting video and a 5 seconds photo. I dont think the setting on the gopro will cause that.

I watched 20 seconds, your gimbal is too ridged, it not floating on the isolators. Something is preventing it from free movement. Do a top down gimbal inspection...bad install. Plenty of threads here giving guidance on resolving.

You said you had checked to be sure no cables were touching the gimbal motor. Did you remove the battery tray to check that?
That's the only way to be sure.

I watched 20 seconds, your gimbal is too ridged, it not floating on the isolators. Something is preventing it from free movement. Do a top down gimbal inspection...bad install. Plenty of threads here giving guidance on resolving.

the thing is that I have not had any issue with it for many months and just the day before I flew just fine.... I have taken the gimbal apart once and could not see anything with issues

you think the battery tray may have a issue with the gimbal? do you think it could be heat or a loose motor?
No the battery tray is not causing a problem- you need to remove it so you can see the top of the gimbal while it is installed. The HDMI cable (thick black one) should not be touching the gimbal. The gimbal motor on top should have some clearance from the circuit board and should be able to move freely.

It's not the heat. You can remove the LED covers and verify the 4 motor mounting screws are tight but I doubt they will be.

Did you take the gimbal apart before or after this last flight?
And exactly how did you "take it apart"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo