Solo Video Feed IOS

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone recently been losing their video feed through the Solo App with IOS? Also, please excuse my ignorance but what is the green cube and how would it benefit my solo. Thanks for your help.

Please use search. If after you have searched and searched you still don't have all the info you need, *then* ask.

As mentioned the Search Tool is your friend. The Green Cube is Solo's second generation autopilot.

As to your video feed problem. Later versions of iOS have inherent incompatiblies with Solo. In many cases settings at or below 1080 will provide video feed.

You can restore full functionality switching to Android which is further enhanced with the current and supported Solex app.

Switching from 4K to 1080 on my GoPro fixed my "video coming up w black screen" issue. Using Solo ap and iOS 11

Two alternatives to the iOS video feed issue besides switching to an Android device and using the far superior to all available apps Solox app.

Purchase SidePilot as an alternative app which from all indication corrects the streaming issue. The Solo app has loong been unsupported so there will be no patch from 3DR.

Set your GP to the desired resolution. If you see no image begin recording. While recording go out and back into the app and that should restore your image.

Understand the Solo was thrown under the bus two years ago and liquidated for half what it cost to manufacture. The Solo was introduced as an Open Source platform and as such by the graces of several very dedicated and knowledgeable folks in the many Groups and Forums such as this one it can be upgraded into an extremely viable machine.

Yes this involves some additional cost and some basic DIY abilities but the outcome is a very solid and reliable UAV. The Green Cube is one of several examples of this.

That said, the stock Solo is a very capable bird for it's time. The big mistake many make is to compare their stock three plus year old Solo to current technology offered by third and fourth generation counterparts.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc