solo tablet holder

I'm unable to attach my 7" tablet to the stock holder. I don't get why it doesn't fit, it's supposed to.

I'm unable to attach my 7" tablet to the stock holder. I don't get why it doesn't fit, it's supposed to.

I also use a 7" tablet. I had to glue a small piece of foam to the lower part of the holder so that may tablet would fit. I use black foam and it's hardly noticible.

Have you turned the mount 90 degrees so you are gripping top and bottom? I expect you are trying to grip left and right along the long edge

Have you turned the mount 90 degrees so you are gripping top and bottom? I expect you are trying to grip left and right along the long edge

Yes I tried that too, but then the tablet is smaller than the tightest fit setting of the bracket.

Yes I tried that too, but then the tablet is smaller than the tightest fit setting of the bracket.
I bought the extension bracket and my tablet fits good. The only drawback is that I can't center the tablet on the controller. LOL

Ah that makes sense. I was using an iPhone 7+ and the clamp was at full stretch along the long side, now I am using an iPad mini 4 along the narrow side and it is much easier to get it in the clamp.

Yours is obviously of a size where it was too loose one way and wouldn't fit in at all the other way around

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 inch tablet and also looking for a mounting bracket that will work. Turning the OEM mount 90 degrees does not work. It's still too small. Anyone have any luck finding a good mount that will work for a larger tablet?

Too bad the 10.5 doesn't fit. The Tab A 10.1 does fit. It's a tight squeeze but it's not to the point where it feels like the oem holder will break apart. I've tried iPhone 4/6, Galaxy S3/S6, Moto G5, iPad gen 2/3, Tab E 7, G Pad 7, Tab A 10.1 and my favorite far and away is the 10.1. On an unrelated note, I've tried various sunshades and my experience with those have been lousy. The Hawaii sun is brutal and the sunshade seemed to frame if not highlight the sun rays bouncing off my hat, glasses, face and shirt. The 10.1 brightness is such that I don't need to use a sunshade.

Attachments

• Solo controller w Tab A 10.1a cropped.jpg
    Solo controller w Tab A 10.1a cropped.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc