solo tablet holder

jim

Reaction score
solo controller only holds cell phone. Is there anywhere you can get holder for a tablet?

solo controller only holds cell phone. Is there anywhere you can get holder for a tablet?

It'll hold an iPad mini or similar (~7" device). Turn the holder 90 degrees and orientate the tablet so that it is in a 'landscape' position.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 inch tablet and also looking for a mounting bracket that will work. Turning the OEM mount 90 degrees does not work. It's still too small. Anyone have any luck finding a good mount that will work for a larger tablet?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 inch tablet and also looking for a mounting bracket that will work. Turning the OEM mount 90 degrees does not work. It's still too small. Anyone have any luck finding a good mount that will work for a larger tablet?
somebody here took it apart, drilled two holes in one of the grabbers and put it back together to make it bigger for something your size. I bet if you search for it you will find it.

Reactions: No Soul To Sell
Yeah would be super nice to have the mount fit larger tablets. I've got an iPad Air 2 and I'm not about to go buy anything smaller just for my solo...

I just found one that looks like it may fit on the existing Solo controller, if the ball on the Solo controller is the same size as the one shown on the tripod.. I just bought this one, so I'll let you guys know how it works, once it arrives.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KN7O70O?psc=1

Last edited:
Ok, so the ball on the 3DR controller is smaller than the ball on the mount I bought. I had to pick up a screw and some washers from Home Depot and then drill out the top of the mount a little to fit the 1/4" screw. I drilled the hole centered, so it won't be a problem if I decide to use the phone mount at some point, as the phone mount gets pushed all the way to one side or the other in order to center the phone. This mount puts the tablet up a little higher than I would like, so I may still try to mod this slightly...

Again, link to the mount is here http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KN7O70O?psc=1

IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1124.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1130.JPG IMG_1129.JPG

Hey y'all, first-time poster so I appreciate your help. I know this thread is a bit old but I had a question for youse guys...I'm using an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab A which fits perfectly on the controller's stock tablet holder when rotated vertically. I do however have the annoying problem of it flopping back and forth even when the rear rotating dial is tightened down all the way on the ball. IMHO I don't think it was really designed with the intention of holding anything heavier than a smartphone at least intelligently anyway...I know that I could probably tie the bottom of the holder to the base of the support arm for holder on the rear of the controller (to prevent the annoying back-flop) but it seems like a bit of a clumsy solution. I know there is a better fix out there that I am not seeing and that one of you DIY geniuses would be so kind as to suggest! Thanks in advance!!

Cheers Roger. Was hoping to MacGyver something but if all else fails I will probably take your advice. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Wacky roger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela