at a certains angles of attack

The only way to disable the cut-off function
Is when you using the "ACRO MODE"
all the others modes like:
manual-fly ,Sport ,Stabilize ETC
Will shut off your engine at a certain
angles

Check the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I am not a coder, I haven't looked at the code, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm guessing that sustained flight at those angles will NOT shut down the motors.

I suspect that the angle coupled with the lack of movement is what's shutting the motors down. Essentially, it knows that when at a 30 or 45 degree angle, it should be detecting movement from the GPS. Since it isn't detecting ANY position change, it assumes that it has crashed.

I am not a coder, I haven't looked at the code, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm guessing that sustained flight at those angles will NOT shut down the motors.

I suspect that the angle coupled with the lack of movement is what's shutting the motors down. Essentially, it knows that when at a 30 or 45 degree angle, it should be detecting movement from the GPS. Since it isn't detecting ANY position change, it assumes that it has crashed.
That's the same i was thinking yes

Mine thought it "crashed" today while flying stabilized in little wind at about 120-150 ft. Yes, all the motors cut off and then it really did crash. Not happy and I hope 3DR makes it right.

Mine thought it "crashed" today while flying stabilized in little wind at about 120-150 ft. Yes, all the motors cut off and then it really did crash. Not happy and I hope 3DR makes it right.

Send in the logs and if that is what happened then I'm sure they will take care of you.

In stabilize mode, holding the throttle stick down and left will also disarm all the motors, so hopefully that wasn't the cause, but either way the logs will show what happened.

Send in the logs and if that is what happened then I'm sure they will take care of you.

In stabilize mode, holding the throttle stick down and left will also disarm all the motors, so hopefully that wasn't the cause, but either way the logs will show what happened.

Is disarming with the throttle down/left mentioned anywhere in 3DR's manuals? How long does it need to be held in this position before cutoff occurs?

I'm 95% certain I was not doing doing a full descent while yawing left and the app displayed Crash Detected, so I'm guessing it activated motor cutoff automatically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44