Battery Calibration questions

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 2 battery packs with the well-known issue of rapid discharge. I tested both with the Solex "run motors" function and the result is that both have still a lot of power but obviously the battery chip is getting wrong information. When starting the motors with Solex the battery indicator drops quickly but stops between 10 and 8 percent and stays there felt like forever while motors are running and running. In the end, the batteries running as long as the ones that behave normally. So I assume the batteries are not dead they are so-called unbalanced, isn't it?

I now want to proceed with this official 3DR Battery Calibration procedure but since I am not an English native speaker I am not sure what every step exactly means:

Gently discharge the battery pack until it cuts off the first time (this is around 12V).
So this means I should run the motors until solo will stop motors by itself due to 0% battery, is that correct?

Charge the pack completely and leave it on the charger for 48 hours. The pack will relax, then do a balance cycle, then top off.

What does "do a balance cycle, then top off" means exactly? I don't get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers from Germany

Reactions: Dmitry
Reaction score
You'll want to use a light bulb or other resistive load connected to the battery terminals while monitoring the voltage.

As to your other question, please do a little reading on batteries and battery chemistry. It will be quite enlightening, I think.

Reaction score
The pack will relax, then do a balance cycle, then top off.

What does "do a balance cycle, then top off" means exactly? I don't get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers from Germany
The battery pack will do these things automatically. You only have to wait.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyk