Solo LED Head Light and Tail Light

Yea
Very cool indeed. Side note; you do know that without a 333 and a 7711 specifying approval, drones are prohibited from night flight, right?;) (assuming you're in the US or Canada)
Thanks. Yea I know. But I don't think I'll have a problem where I'm at. I'm actually located in BFE. No one around me for quite a ways except the local wildlife.

Yea

Thanks. Yea I know. But I don't think I'll have a problem where I'm at. I'm actually located in BFE. No one around me for quite a ways except the local wildlife.

You do know that Augusta is a major airway/thorougfare, right? Whether you think it's ok for you to break the rules or not, there is a reason they exist. Further, your light doesn't meet requirements for FAR Part 91.205 and relevant AC's. Whether *you* feel you'll be OK or not isn't nearly as relevant as what a pilot flying by, or an FAA inspector might have to say about it.
When it comes to aviation, be cool and observe the rule.;)

You do know that Augusta is a major airway/thorougfare, right? Whether you think it's ok for you to break the rules or not, there is a reason they exist. Further, your light doesn't meet requirements for FAR Part 91.205 and relevant AC's. Whether *you* feel you'll be OK or not isn't nearly as relevant as what a pilot flying by, or an FAA inspector might have to say about it.
When it comes to aviation, be cool and observe the rule.;)
I really appreciate your concern. I live in the Augusta "AREA" not anywhere near any airport. Where I'm @ there hasn't been ANY aircraft fly over my land unless they are thousands of feet in the air. No excuse, just letting you know I wouldn't put ANYONE in ANY type of danger. I am in no way trying to influence someone to fly @ night. And I know the rules apply to everyone, including me. If you wanna know anything else about me, just ask. I'll be happy to tell you. Thanks & go have a happy day :)

I really appreciate your concern. I live in the Augusta "AREA" not anywhere near any airport. Where I'm @ there hasn't been ANY aircraft fly over my land unless they are thousands of feet in the air. No excuse, just letting you know I wouldn't put ANYONE in ANY type of danger. I am in no way trying to influence someone to fly @ night. And I know the rules apply to everyone, including me. If you wanna know anything else about me, just ask. I'll be happy to tell you. Thanks & go have a happy day :)

Gotcha. Y'know...there is a stretch of road between my place and the highway where no one else drives (I own the only house out there). I'm very tempted to take my car down the decently paved road, at speeds of over 120mph. I'm pretty sure it's safe/ok, because no one else lives on the road, there is no one ever on the road, and the only place it leads is to my house and a canyon a quarter mile behind my place. Except in those moments where there are people on the road. And I've yet to meet a tire that won't ever blow.

I realize your remoteness possibly provides a sense of security and that "nothing will happen to you" because of it. Everyone wants to feel they're special (including me).

The reason we have the aviation rules we have is because people have died or incurred serious injury in the past, which has led to the rules. Old pilots will tell you the FARs are written in blood. Dramatic, maybe. I pray to whatever that we never have UAV rules "written in blood."

If you want to fly at night, I suggest you earn your 333 exemption, file a 7711, and do it legally. Then you don't put yourself, others, and our infant industry in a bad place. Or buy a remote island that isn't governed by the rules of the United States of America.

Otherwise, you're just another one of those uneducated, wanna-be stick jockeys contributing to the mess we're all experiencing right now.

Reactions: echef
Not sure how many lumens this photo light has but it's pretty frickn bright. I've had it burning straight for over an hour & it produces little to no heat. Haven't had any issues using it. It looks really cool @ night.
Gotcha. Y'know...there is a stretch of road between my place and the highway where no one else drives (I own the only house out there). I'm very tempted to take my car down the decently paved road, at speeds of over 120mph. I'm pretty sure it's safe/ok, because no one else lives on the road, there is no one ever on the road, and the only place it leads is to my house and a canyon a quarter mile behind my place. Except in those moments where there are people on the road. And I've yet to meet a tire that won't ever blow.

I realize your remoteness possibly provides a sense of security and that "nothing will happen to you" because of it. Everyone wants to feel they're special (including me).

The reason we have the aviation rules we have is because people have died or incurred serious injury in the past, which has led to the rules. Old pilots will tell you the FARs are written in blood. Dramatic, maybe. I pray to whatever that we never have UAV rules "written in blood."

If you want to fly at night, I suggest you earn your 333 exemption, file a 7711, and do it legally. Then you don't put yourself, others, and our infant industry in a bad place. Or buy a remote island that isn't governed by the rules of the United States of America.

Otherwise, you're just another one of those uneducated, wanna-be stick jockeys contributing to the mess we're all experiencing right now.[/

You're special too me. That counts. Right?

Awe gee, thanks. You're a pretty speshul guy. I appreciate the nastygrams filled with colorful language ; it refreshes my belief that illiteracy isn't limited to places outside the USA.

Reactions: nomad33fw
These lights will not fit in the solo backpack! Bad deal! Poor construction. Bad design. They make light. Light good I guess. But no fit in backpack. Bad deal. I snap plastic when trying to install. Otherwise they would be returned on the spot. Duuuuuuh, they bad. Me go back to flying now. Me not happy.

That thin strip of plastic below the front LED's broke on mine as well. Don't even need it there. Had to slightly modify my backpack for front as well. And just too be safe I secured both front-back w/a speck of hott glue & also the solder joints. The accessory bay plug was also secured. They ain't perfect. But I've never flown w/out em. Me kinda likey

These lights will not fit in the solo backpack! Bad deal! Poor construction. Bad design. They make light. Light good I guess. But no fit in backpack. Bad deal. I snap plastic when trying to install. Otherwise they would be returned on the spot. Duuuuuuh, they bad. Me go back to flying now. Me not happy.
I feel like I was just at a Trump rally.

I feel like I was just at a Trump rally.

Ditto. The Solo fits fine in the backpack with the lights attached. Yes, it's a tad tight at the front end, but then again, I like tight, =secure. Forgive me for not speaking pidgin, although it does seem that speaking "dumb" is oncoming in our society.

Mine fits fine as well with the lights on. I just angle it in from the start and adjust from front to rear as it goes in. It is tight, but I am with EyeWingsuit on liking a tight fit.

I flew my solo in sport mode for the first time and MAN, that's thing is fast. But blew the polar led lights right. The tail light came off and accessory bay plug came undone. It was crazy. But didn't lose anything, brought it back home and reattached the taillight and plugged back in and worked just fine.. Just want to drop that little info

I flew my solo in sport mode for the first time and MAN, that's thing is fast. But blew the polar led lights right. The tail light came off and accessory bay plug came undone. It was crazy. But didn't lose anything, brought it back home and reattached the taillight and plugged back in and worked just fine.. Just want to drop that little info
FWIW, I used black gaff tape to hold cables in place, plus a tad of gorilla snot to hold the lights in place.
Yeah...they're pretty fast. Scared me the first time out.

FWIW, I used black gaff tape to hold cables in place, plus a tad of gorilla snot to hold the lights in place.
Yeah...they're pretty fast. Scared me the first time out.
Oh I was scared like hell. But I'm still learning a lot about it. Like what modes are gps supported and which are not. Thank God sport mode is. Because I slammed on the brakes quick in sport mode, lol

Nope. They just plug in. I haven't had any problems with it yet. I put some tape on the wiring so it didn't hang down at all, but the plug itself just plugs in and sets flush with the bottom of Solo.

Just came back in from anothe flight. Sport mode at 350 ft. 58 mph. Led light plug came out again, but lights stayed connected to solo. So glad brake works in sport mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela