Solo heat sensitive?

Reaction score
Got out the Solo and did a couple trips over the house to test the 5.4 lens from Peau Prod....and my Solo started doing a RTH when I moved the camera angle up to 90 deg. Well, it even seemed to do it WHENEVER I used the angle slider.
I noticed this occurring on my second and third flights as the unit got hotter in the 87 degree and 75 degree dewpoint day here in the Houston area. Strong sunlight on a black plastic Solo = real heat.
Coincidence? I rebooted the tablet and the Solo/Controller. Still glitched. I was also taking GPS hits and I note the Solo blips each time this happens.
Rather similar behavior to my Iris+. Heat seems to cause GPS faults and the unit decides it needs to either flyaway (Iris behavior) or come home (SOLO....is "lost")
I suppose I could upload the tlm logs...but I'm fairly certain its heat. In the evenings I've been testing the DronePan app and I've had a rock steady Solo for the 8 or so times I've run testing.
Anyone else get this kind of weird behavior?
Yes, I did update the firmware this AM.

Got out the Solo and did a couple trips over the house to test the 5.4 lens from Peau Prod....and my Solo started doing a RTH when I moved the camera angle up to 90 deg. Well, it even seemed to do it WHENEVER I used the angle slider.
I noticed this occurring on my second and third flights as the unit got hotter in the 87 degree and 75 degree dewpoint day here in the Houston area. Strong sunlight on a black plastic Solo = real heat.
Coincidence? I rebooted the tablet and the Solo/Controller. Still glitched. I was also taking GPS hits and I note the Solo blips each time this happens.
Rather similar behavior to my Iris+. Heat seems to cause GPS faults and the unit decides it needs to either flyaway (Iris behavior) or come home (SOLO....is "lost")
I suppose I could upload the tlm logs...but I'm fairly certain its heat. In the evenings I've been testing the DronePan app and I've had a rock steady Solo for the 8 or so times I've run testing.
Anyone else get this kind of weird behavior?
Yes, I did update the firmware this AM.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep an eye out for this (as well as any other issues) as we get into the summer heat here in sunny Arizona!

All the Aussies have already been flying in heat, was one of my questions to them while in their summer. The one's that replied indicated no problems.

You could have a cold solder joint.... Strange that it happens when you flip the gimbal up...

You may want to check and see if any of your controller's button are stuck, heat will cause the plastic to expand and get sticky... I could press my controller's deck and it would activate buttons. Did a little surgery on the buttons, hasn't been an issue since.

I've been flying in the same weather or hotter (South Texas) and have had no heat issues to date...

I'm one of those Aussies and Ive had Solo out on some stinking hot days and so far no problems. If it's a really hot day and always in direct sunlight, when I land and change batteries I like to give her a little rest in the shade before I get airborne again. Also let my used batteries cool in the shade after use.

@pete is currently on a road trip in the outback and I don't think he has reported any heat problems. Maybe he will throw his two cents in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc