Solo follow another solo

Reaction score
Hi, I have more than 2 solos and would like to send one solo on a mission (either tower or solex) and then get the second solo to track and film the first one. Is this possible?

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at a solution to do a "follow me" with the 2nd Solo using the GPS position of the first Solo like you can do with your phone or table (I don't want to tape my phone to the first solo).

You can put your "Phone" on solo 1 and "pull solo2

FWIW, I'm planning to do something with "ambient ROIs" at some point. It's still mostly abstract, but I think it would be handy for various things. From Solex's perspective, an ROI would be sent to it at the system level from "somewhere", and Solex doesn't really care where that is. (It's a system-level broadcast it would respond to.) The idea is that someone could write an app that takes locations from Bluetooth, a script, a Mavlink location message received on a USB radio, etc, and broadcast it system-wide on the same device where Solex is running. Solex would see it, and if it's doing something involving ROIs, it sends it to the vehicle.

Along with this, of course, will be facilities for communicating between a couple of Android devices on a different "channel" (e.g. Bluetooth) to demonstrate the idea. So if all of this existed, you could have one Android device each connected to different vehicles (not just Solos). One would be flying a mission or something, and its locations would be reported to the Solex it's connected to. Somewhere, there would be a "Send locations over Bluetooth" option that had been checked, and each location report from the connected vehicle would go out as a Bluetooth message.

The other Solex (connected to a Solo, for example) would be in a smart shot (e.g. "Follow/Ambient"), listening for Ambient ROIs. Each time it got a location, it would send it to its connected vehicle. The Follow code on that vehicle would point the camera and the vehicle toward the ROI and follow it the way it would follow in any other "Follow" smart shot. There would also be an "Ambient" version of the Dynamic ROIs in missions, so it could fly a mission path and point the vehicle/camera at a location that moves.

The thing that gave me the idea was last summer when I was flying an FX-61 around with a Pixhawk in it. I was trying to get some cool aerial shots of it flying, so I set my Solo on a long circular mission over a turf farm with static ROIs pointed at various locations. Then I would try to fly the plane near it so it would show up on camera. I got a couple of cool shots, but that wasn't a good exchange of effort/reward. It seemed like if I had a way to just point the Solo at the plane the whole time, or better yet, follow it, it would have been easier.

Anyway, this doesn't help you because none of this stuff exists, but it will someday. :)

That sounds just like what i am after Kelly. I also have a FX-61, its running a Pixracer so would be great to get the solo to follow that around too. It sounds possible, over bluetooth, pity i have no clue about programming any of this.

Just had a thought about the Solo Target App. Could the Solex app export Solo's current position via Bluetooth or similar (like the Solo Target App does with its GPS position) and then the 2nd Solo app use this signal like it was coming from the Solo Target App?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela