Solo drone maintenance

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :) I am sorta new to flying drones but have flown in the past with cheaper throwaway drones to learn on. I quickly became hooked and recently found the 3DR drone at Bestbuy significantly marked down.
I have a few questions regarding the 3dro solo drone.

1.What should the maintenance of it be? Should I oil the motor pods regularly? My only fear is shorting electrical wires in the motor out and ruining my drone.

2. How often do you restart your drone complete? For instance full restart requiring a repairing of the solo itself and remote itself.
(Does this help fixing or getting rid of some quirks with the drone?)

3. Anybody else have little problems with connecting camera and it showing a black screen on your phone even when the camera is clearly on and connected? I find if I pull the wire a little so it's not as tight coming out of the solo that it clears it up. My only worry is loosing fpv mid flight. In that case I can hit rth or find out he orientation pretty easily. The only thing that bothers me is needing to land the solo and fiddling with the camera's hdmi to get it to connect and recording again.

Thanks everyone!

For #3, it sounds like you have a weak HDMI port in your GoPro. Unfortunately the GP HDMI ports are not known for being robust. You might want to try opening up the GP and seeing if there are any solder joints where the port is attached to the board that can be touched up. Could just be the port itself and if so the only real solution is to replace the board it is on to get a new port.

Also, if you are recording at the time you lose the live feed, I don't think the camera would stop recording (unless you are recording to your phone/tablet at the controller, THAT recording would be lost).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc