Solo and Controller not Talking

Reaction score
i just unboxed my solo 3DR yesterday for Christmas. I installed the gimbal and when I first turns it on, there was a sound like a broken radio station, some squelching and it didn’t stop until I forced it off. I switched it back on and it sounded fine, so I began to go through the setup procedures.

The controller and app connected via the solo network just fine but kept saying, “ Looking for Solo” or “Waiting for Solo” or something like that.

I tried to follow some factory reset instructions, but the orange light never started to blink. It just stayed solid orange and then the main Nav lights turned Blue (2) and Red (2).

Any suggestions on how to force this ring to reset and start talking to the controller?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think you will need to check the SD card in the solo. They are notorious for coming loose. See solo service Manual Page 55.

I think you will need to check the SD card in the solo. They are notorious for coming loose. See solo service Manual Page 55.

Thank you. I will check that. But I not seeing anything called an “SD Card”. Is that the actual name? Or are you referring to the “solo link card” ?

you might want to download the manual and read it
the solo needs to pair to the controller, find the manual and read paring operations

you might want to download the manual and read it
the solo needs to pair to the controller, find the manual and read paring operations

Thank you. I did follow the pairing instructions I found in this video and the orange light never blinks fast.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good news. I did some research and found out what you were referring to, opened up the drone and reseated the SD Card. Now I was able to get the factory reset done on with fast blinking orange light and it finished with all 4 Blue Lights. and I was able to connect the controller to the solo.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: jimloss

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela