Solex won't connect type "no vehicle"

Reaction score
I"ve had an ongoing issue with my 3dr solo. I noticed that Solex would connect exactly once to the drone. After power cycling or swapping batteries, it no longer will connect and get parameters. This seems to be the same between phones or devices (Op5, OP3 and Samsung Galaxy S9). I tried upgrading to Open Solo via Solex, after a fresh uninstall and reinstall of the app, and things have gotten worse. Solo boots, connects to the remote, I can connect to the SSID, but I get "No vehicle" when trying to connect with Solex. Changing to USB, then UDP does not work. Disabling 4g does not work. Going into airplane mode, then reconnecting does not work. OP5 runs Android 9, Galaxy S9 runs Android 10. Any suggestions?

I"ve had an ongoing issue with my 3dr solo. I noticed that Solex would connect exactly once to the drone. After power cycling or swapping batteries, it no longer will connect and get parameters. This seems to be the same between phones or devices (Op5, OP3 and Samsung Galaxy S9). I tried upgrading to Open Solo via Solex, after a fresh uninstall and reinstall of the app, and things have gotten worse. Solo boots, connects to the remote, I can connect to the SSID, but I get "No vehicle" when trying to connect with Solex. Changing to USB, then UDP does not work. Disabling 4g does not work. Going into airplane mode, then reconnecting does not work. OP5 runs Android 9, Galaxy S9 runs Android 10. Any suggestions?
I saw this problem in another tread and turning on the location settings (on newer devices) solved the problem.

Reactions: Wetstone
Encountering the same/similar problem: 'Not Connected Type: No vehicle'

Stock Solo / Cube
Solex v1.9.3
Solo 2.42
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller 2.4.2
Controller Firmware 1.2.11
Tablet Samsung SM-P550 WiFi Only
Android 7.1.1

Connects with stock Solo app, without issue.
Wifi: SoloLink_xxxx visible (xxxx=Actual Connection Name)

Troubleshooting attempted:
Restart Bird
Restart Controller
Restart Tablet
Clear Cache / Data for Solex App
Toggle 'Connect' setting from UDP > USB > UDP

My goal is to get connected and upgrade the bird to OpenSolo V4.x. Any insight / assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fix(ed): Location on my tablet was turned on, but it required WiFi Location to be on as well. ps. Have successfully upgraded to OpenSolo V4.x and reset the restore partitions on the Solo and controller. No looking back!

Reactions: Wetstone
I tried disabling VPN and resetting location services. None of that worked. The remote and drone seem to pair, but after it connect the first time, it never connects again unless i completely uninstall the Solex app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc