Solex mission

Reaction score
Hello,
I Just got the solex app and mission add on. But I have not been able to load the mission to the 3dr solo. It just says vehicle rejected the mission. I tried creating a mission on tower app, loading it to the solo and then download it to solex without success. Same happens if I use mission planner.
Anyone can help me to solve this problem?

Hello,
I Just got the solex app and mission add on. But I have not been able to load the mission to the 3dr solo. It just says vehicle rejected the mission. I tried creating a mission on tower app, loading it to the solo and then download it to solex without success. Same happens if I use mission planner.
Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
Hi. Today I had the same problem, the drone rejected the missions when I sent them. wait a few seconds as the app said, but it never worked. I tried to do a new mission in the field and I did not charge it. Did you find any solution or that generates the problem? regards!

Hey Man, I still have the problem. It looks like it is related to an update on the solex app. If you happen to get an older version it works ok. But for now, no other solution

How many of you having this problem are having it after upgrading the Solo? I tried upgrading my Solo to the latest ArduCopter build and it failed miserably. I'm still in the process of recovering from it. My Solo boots, but I'm going to have to do a bunch of "Preflight update" sort of stuff before it's fully operational again.

That said, I am able to upload missions, with Solex, into ArduCopter 3.6.9 with no issue. So perhaps there's a valid reason the vehicle is rejecting your missions. Can you send me one of the missions so I can test it here?

Thanks,
Kelly

I just set up my account so that I could publicly thank Kelly. Thank you!

My Solo rejected mission uploads on Sunday night. I searched and found this thread. Then, I wrote the developer as listed on the Google Play Store and referenced this thread to be sure they were aware of the problem.

Kelly responded immediately asking for specific info, I replied with my details, and less than 24 hours later, my phone had a fresh update that successfully sends missions to Solo.

Thank you so much for the solving this so quickly. Happy customer here.

Sincerely,
-Michael

Missions no longer works for me either. I have missions I have been using for months that now will no longer send to the Solo.

I have been using Solex 1.8.9. I just updated to version 1.9.0 tonight. Maybe things will be better now? Will find out in the morning.

This should be sorted out now. It was an issue with Mavlink2. For some reason, it was balking on mission items that were missing a Mavlink2-specific field, even though the Solo in question was running Mavlink1. I tested the fix with a Solo and one other ArduPilot machine, and missions upload to them without issue now.

Thanks,
Kelly

After updating to Solex 1.9.0 on my Note 9, Missions is working like it always has. Thank You.

My tablet is still running Solex version 1.7.2. For some reason Solex does not show up in the Google play store anymore so I can't update the tablet. I did not know that was even possible.

Last edited:
I am able to upload missions, with Solex, into ArduCopter 3.6.9

Kelly, I assume you used MP to install ArduCopter 3.6.9. Were there any parameters that needed to be changed after the install? Will it be available through Solex?

Thanks again!

My tablet is still running Solex version 1.7.2. For some reason Solex does not show up in the Google play store anymore so I can't update the tablet. I did not know that was even possible.
I ran into a similar problem as well. The issue is with the way google manages apps and major Android version releases.
If an App is updated to support the very latest android release then any older android devices running a version that is more than two major reases behind magically cannot see the latest updates. I experienced this issue first hand.
I had an older Samsung Tab S4 Tablet I bought and used specifically to fly my Solo.
It ran Solex perfectly.
Kelly released an update compiled to support the latest Android version (Pie or Oreo not sure) and my tablet magically could not even see the update because magically the newer Solex release was "not compatible". This problem was not caused by the Solex author Kelly.
It is 100% on Goggle. I tried several approaches to update to the latest version but was not successful.

In the end I had to switch to a different Samsung Tablet that had a newer Android version and would allow me to update to Solex rev 1.9.0.
There is another thread on this forum discussing the issue in more detail.

- Mike

Thank You for the information.

I ran into a similar problem as well. The issue is with the way google manages apps and major Android version releases.
If an App is updated to support the very latest android release then any older android devices running a version that is more than two major reases behind magically cannot see the latest updates. I experienced this issue first hand.
I had an older Samsung Tab S4 Tablet I bought and used specifically to fly my Solo.
It ran Solex perfectly.
Kelly released an update compiled to support the latest Android version (Pie or Oreo not sure) and my tablet magically could not even see the update because magically the newer Solex release was "not compatible". This problem was not caused by the Solex author Kelly.
It is 100% on Goggle. I tried several approaches to update to the latest version but was not successful.

In the end I had to switch to a different Samsung Tablet that had a newer Android version and would allow me to update to Solex rev 1.9.0.
There is another thread on this forum discussing the issue in more detail.

- Mike

Why am I not able to set up a mission like before? In the old days, I would choose 'missions' and then push 'new mission'. Then I would type in an address and the map would show up on the tablet. Then I could set my waypoints and stuff. Now what happens is, I push 'new mission' and nothing happens. So I push the 3 dots on the right and choose 'Search address'. I type that fkr in and again, nothing happens. I go to 'Flying Locations' and push the green button with the plus sign in the middle. Up pops a 'New Flying Location' panel. It says to enter a partial address. I input the whole address, click 'ok' and nothing happens. I'm frustrated, please set me straight on what I have been doing incorrectly, please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc