Solex for Solo

Hello,

i have bought the solex app 1.7.3, installed on the phone ( Huawei P20 Pro ), but i cannot connect the drone solo 3drs with the app. I can see the wifi Connection, but it is no vehicle connect. The drone is on open solo 3.0, with the stock app, i have no Problems, it works best. What can of must i do to work with the solex app, now is it too much money 31€ for nothing.

regards

km110461

Hello,

i have bought the solex app 1.7.3, installed on the phone ( Huawei P20 Pro ), but i cannot connect the drone solo 3drs with the app. I can see the wifi Connection, but it is no vehicle connect. The drone is on open solo 3.0, with the stock app, i have no Problems, it works best. What can of must i do to work with the solex app, now is it too much money 31€ for nothing.

regards

km110461

If you bought the app do you not get free upgrades to the latest version? I would expect that.
Also if you bought the app you should have good support to help you get it connected.

I am not quite understanding your post.

And still would really like to get my questions answered.
Thanks.

If you bought the app do you not get free upgrades to the latest version? I would expect that.
Also if you bought the app you should have good support to help you get it connected.

Thanks.
Hi,

yes, i have bought it, Version 1.7.3 is the latest what i can download from the Google Play store. I have mailed the Support from solex app, but until now, no answer.

Thanks

Questions I have are :

1. I have a stock Solo no modes not a greenbox or whatever that new thing is called.
That's not a question, that's a statement. I take it you mean you don't have a GreenCube?

2. Are opensolo (latest release) and Solex mated and meant to be used together? all set to go? or is the stock firmware in some way still used or expected to be used?
You're just cheating here by asking multiple questions in one line.. I mean come on... No Open Solo and Solex aren't "mated". You can install Open Solo and still use the 3DR app (although why would you want to? Solex is so much better..). The only reason a lot of people mention Solex and Open Solo at the same time is because updating your Solo to Open Solo is very very easy to do using Solex.

3. My understanding (yes I have read some things) is that Solex will update a stock solo to the lates OpenSolo either required or optional. (so maybe scratch question #2).
It's optional, so you can still fly stock if you want or upgrade if you want.

4. Do all the buttons/commands work just like the stock software on the TX/Controller or are there differences that I'll need to get familiar with or setup myself?
Do you mean "Do any of the buttons/commands change once upgraded to Open Solo?" Yes and no, they are all mostly the same, they just support extra functions via long hold/short hold. The release notes HERE will explain more about that.

5. Is my old Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0 plenty to run it happily?
I used to run it all the time with my Galaxy S5 with no issues, however it will depend on the state of your device (how much bloatware is on it, how many background apps are running, are you cleaning it of trash files on a regular basis). If your phone is in a nice healthy state, you shouldn't have any issues.

6. Do you pretty much NEED Solex to use Opensolo or does it work just fine on the stock app and other free apps?
No you don't NEED Solex to use Opensolo. However Solex offers more functionality and reliability compared to the stock app. There are features on the stock app that simply don't work that work perfectly on the Solex app. There's also additional modes available on the Solex app that the stock app just doesn't offer.

7. I'm considering buying it anyway to support opensolo/Solex even if it does not really do a whole lot, but and extrememly curious what the benefits are compared to staying on any of the stock software.
I'm not sure who told you that Solex doesn't do a whole lot, but maybe you should watch some of the youtube video's regarding the capabilities of Solex. Optical Follow, Boat Mode (if you have a Green Cube), Return to me/launch (return to me never worked on the Solo stock app), control over the lighting, Find my vehicle, the ability to record export and share cable cams, multiple vehicle and battery logging, Optical follow, inception style smart shots, tap to fly with optional purchases you can also do mission planning and geotag photo's. The list goes on and on...

Thanks.
Yes you get the app and subsequent updates once you buy it (the give away to that is the Version 1.7.3 number...).

Hello,

regards

km110461
On the Solex splash screen there are two buttons visible. One the right hand side there is "Wi Fi settings". Press that button and make sure your drone is selected. Go back into the splash screen. On the left hand side there is a button that says "Connect UPD" with a drop down option to select "USB". Make sure it says "UDP" and then press the "connect" button. If your WiFi connection is set up properly, you'll be able to connect to your drone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my goofy questions.
I'm good to go with all above.
I'll be getting it and moving forward.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Finally jumped on the Solex app. Hopefully my awful Kyocera can run it :p

If you ever get squirrely and want to make a Win10 UWP, I'd pay you again for certain.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Okay I feel really stupid.
Just purchased Solex and updated the controller and copter to Opensolo 3.
Did compass calibration out in an outdoor open area.
And rebooted.
Now on the controller it says "LEVEL ERROR" "Please calibrate LEVEL using mobile app then reboot Solo"
Tried rebooting and this comes back as soon as everything connects.

And guess what? I can't find ANYTHING about calibrating Level inside the Solex app.
Not In the Solex Manual either.

How do I get past this?

Hardware is known to be good and working great with Stock firmware and software before I just did this.

Thanks.

It's working now...

After the update and pairing I was prompted in the app to calibrate the compass which I did.
As soon as that was done and rebooted BOTH calibrate Compass and Calibrate IMU were grayed out and not available.
And I was continuously getting the LEVEL ERROR (on the controller) and prompt to calibrate it but I could not find a way to manually invoke the
LEVEL Calibration.
makis sure I was connecte dto the vehicle at all times and showing GPS satellites.
But continually getting the Level error prompt.

But both IMU and compass were always greyed out as if they already had been done or were otherwise not available.

After several more reboots and seeing the Level prompt error again BOTH Calibrate IMU and Calibrate Compass
were suddenly available.

I did Calibrate IMU and that walked me through that process.
After doing this I rebooted and saw that once again Calibrate IMU and Calibrate Compass were greyed out/not available
But the system is working and no more Level Error.

Not sure what's going on here or what that was all about.

Going to go read the manual online and get a little more familiar with what I just purchased.

The app needs to download the drone parameters before it will give you both calibration options. Sometimes this requires waiting for the parameters to download, exiting the app and starting it again and letting the app download the parameters a 2nd time.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Friends! Show where this button is?

Attachments

• where.jpg
    where.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 71
  • where1.jpg
    where1.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 68
I'm a bit confused about the A & B buttons.
Out of the box one is set to A is set to altitude Hold
And B is set to POS hold?

And all of the familiar solo options are not there.

Only have alt hold stabilize acro and drift.

I thought regular "fly" mode was pos hold.

The manual does not seem to cover the flight modes and they are not the same as in the Solo manual.

It's also totally unclean if they are GPS assisted modes or not.

Sorry basic stuff but I want to know 100% how it works before I go and fly it.

Thanks.

Figured it out..
But not figured out why I thought I recorded 6 different videos.
Get back home and only have one short 15 second video after half a day of flying.
Grrr….

I'll figure that out too.

Figured that out too.
Hmmmm…. Little red dot means recording
Big red dot means standby.

First time seeing Solex I figured it was the opposite so I lost (didn't record any of my flights today.

No big loss is was just test runs in a giant field.

It appears that Solex fixed all the weird GoPRo bugs/annoyances that I had wit the stock software and a Gopro 3 Black.

It would always force stop recording on land.
VERY annoying.

Has actual manual control now.

And here we go again....
Indoors with no GPS Copter will not arm/take off in Stabilize or ACRO mode.
When tryin the copter just make two tones (noises) higher tone then lower tone and will not spin up.
There are not errors or issues indicated on the controller or in the app and it IS in ACRO mode. and on a level surface.

What am I missing?

Absolutely *will not arm* in Manual or ACRO modes without GPS fix.
What is going on here and how do I get around this?
Took outside and was able to spin up motors in NON GPS modes as soon as it got a fix.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc