Solex "Flying Locations" in the wilderness??

Reaction score
I'd like to use the Solex Flying Locations function to pre-plan a route that is in the wilderness and therefore has no streets and therefore no "partial address" as requested in the popup dialog box.

I can pull Lat/Lon coordinates off topos or other maps.....but it would also be handy to be able to do this based on the Google maps satellite imagery that is viewable from within Solex.

Any ideas on if/whether/how Solex can do this?

Thanks!!

Use this feature all the time. Just look at google map while connected to WiFi and it will be saved for future use.I seldom search an address I just zoom around on tablet until I get the area I'll be flying in.

Thanks, davemh.

I must be missing something: I'm on WiFi and zooming Google maps into the spot on the river where I think we will camp on the first night. I then tap the "+" in the green circle and Solex prompts me for a partial address. Whatever I enter, it zooms out and far far away from that spot on the river....and displays a green waypoint marker far far away from the river.

What am I missing?
Can you tell me how to get Solex to remember a flying location in the wilderness?

I've saved many flying locations but now i cant recall what exactly I did to save them.
Tap on the screen and it will stop zooming.
I'll give it a try again and if it comes back to me I'll let you know.
We are missing a step somewhere.

Get close on your map with a marker, now drag the marker to a more precise location.
Tap the marker and now you can name it and it will be saved for later retrieval.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela