Sold my Solo and buyer is having connection issues in Solo app. Help, please?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I sold my Solo 'cause I don't have time and hadn't flown it in over six months. The buyer says the "sololink" password doesn't work and I don't recall changing it. I did do a factory reset at one point because I was having connection issues, but I don't know why I would have changed the password. I just want everyone to be happy and for him to fly his Solo, but I don't even remember the last time I flew it. I'm hoping you all can help. I don't mean to be presumptuous and I have done some searching but nothing is striking a chord. I tried re-installing the Solo app to see if I could see my password but I got the equivalent of the spinning wheel of death for ten minutes while the app kept spinning.Our communication is as follows:

I just received my solo thanks for the speedy shipment. I can’t connect with my smartphone without the password you created. Could you please tell me what it is?​
Your previous message​

Oh my! Do you know how many letters or numbers it's supposed to be? It's been a long time

Come to think of it, I don't recall using it with my phone. The only times I flew it was without a phone cause I didn't have a camera set up.​
sikrzych:

Ok well it needs to be calibrated and I have to connect with a phone or tablet. Are you original owner, you would have had to connect at some point to set it all up.
Your previous message​

Did that password work?
sikrzych:

No, any other ideas? I can’t fly until I connect via the app​
Your previous message​

I'm sure I wasn't concerned about security so it could be anything. I do recall going through the set up multiple times before success. I still haven't had a chance to review the videos. I will in a couple of hours. Sorry about the hassle​
sikrzych:

Ok thanks please let me know once you review the video
Your previous message​

Try sololink. And check this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
sikrzych:

And yea that video only works if you know the password to get into app. Since you changed the original password from sololink to something new with 8 characters I am unable to connect and fly solo.
Your previous message​

I'm so sorry about this. I've downloaded the app in hopes that it may reveal my password. It's taking forever to log in. I recall doing factory resets a couple times and followed these directions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It took a really long time, like 20 minutes to make one of the connections but it worked.
sikrzych:

So Do you want me to do a factory reset, iv read a bunch of forums that are against doing so because sometimes after a factory reset the unit never rebinds to the controller.
If I do and it fails to relink than I hope you will take it back. Again if you have any ideas of passwords please let me know, otherwise I will have to try the reset system.

Thanks again for your help.

Your previous message​

I'm going to ask for advice over at 3DRPilots.com. I didn't have a problem, other than the amount of time it took to connect, doing the factory reset, but I've seen those threads, as well. My username is the same over there as ebay. Are you using the original 3DR app or something else? I have no idea why I would enter any other password than the 8 letter sololink that is suggested, so I'd rather not give you every password I've ever used. I have documented all the serial numbers so I'm not upset to take a return. But, I'm sure you'd rather fly it than return it. So, let me seek advice from experienced users. How much time are you giving it to connect? Do the engines spin even though the calibration message is up?

"Yes I tried xxxxxxx and sololink as well as many other simple passwords. No luck. I understand your concerns about giving me a bunch of your passwords, but I have no idea where you live, your name or anything else about you. All I need are some options for 8 character passwords. You can always change any that you give me after I get this thing to work.

But if you don’t feel that’s safe than I just wait and try to see if you give me the approval to do a factory reset.

Chat soon I hope, I’m sitting here"

First things first: Does the controller connect to the bird?
Thanks for the quick reply. He says "it says it needs to be recalibrated for the level sensors", so I'm assuming, yes. I've asked him to join in this discussion, so I'm hoping he can deliver more details.

He just needs to factory reset the controller and copter, then follow the pairing instructions. The password will be reset to default (sololink). Then he can continue on doing all the calibrations.

He just needs to factory reset the controller and copter, then follow the pairing instructions. The password will be reset to default (sololink). Then he can continue on doing all the calibrations.
Thanks! I've done it before without major troubles. Is there any advice I can relay. We've both read threads that scare us about bricking it if the factory reset doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo