Software Update Need Help! :-)

RDA

Reaction score
Help! After Software updating controler and Solo am having a hard time getting past preflight update! Have done this many times but now not getting it done. At step where update is ready to be transferred to controler and Solo from Samsung Note 4, it's the only one I've used since having solos! Hit begin, then reconnect to sololonk wifi, no it says download update, I already did that! Ok I downloaded update, then it says connect to home wifi! What? So I do ! Then it says download update! What? Now I'm in a vicious circle! !! PLEASE HELP ME! !

Reactions: nomercycsgod
I had the same issues using a Samsung S5, not sure if that caused it, but just know that I actually had to uninstall the software from the phone and re-install it to get out of the loop of doom!

Reactions: RDA
Yes I've done that! Used 2 different devices! I have 4 solos so this is frustrating!

Reactions: nomercycsgod
Believe me, it took me a number of resets to get this done properly. What seemed to work for me (and in this order).
Remove software from phone (solo app).
Reinstall software to phone (but do not open or connect to solo or controller yet).
Factory reset controller
Factory reset drone
Pair Drone to controller
Open software on phone
Solo software should immediately want to update to newest version
When it does, close the app.
Go into your wifi settings on the phone, link to your controller.
Now go back to the app and open it up.
It should then connect to the controller and load the updated software to the controller.
The controller should then load the software to the drone (however this is where I sometimes got stuck, although the controller was paired, the app wouldn't see the solo, at this point this is where I'd have to do the factory reset's and pairing again. So this is where I originally removed the app and re-installed it and then it would work).

See if that helps at all. I also used 2 different devices, used a cheap $100 android tablet and that sometimes worked where the phone failed.

Reactions: RDA
You could try clearing the cache for the SOLO app as well. Don't clear the data, just the cache. Has worked for me as recently as ten minutes ago.

Reactions: RDA and IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso