So has anyone found a cable other than

Reaction score
the ribbon from relish or stock?
I am getting ready to head out on vacation and started trying to dial everything in before going.
thought I would try stripping the stock cable
I ruined it

Luckily I have a spare, so its back
Would love to find a dependable option other than the relish
been through 3 of them

The relish cable is crap. Most of the rolling and stuttering freezing video problems are from that cable. The connectors are a hair too small. They vibrate an make awful connection on the board and gimbal. I have one. I took it out. Not putting it back in. Many others have the same experience.

Reactions: SPP and 13nikos62
I'm using the relish cable and I did the foam trick to keep pressure on it and I have had no problems for 3 months now.

Reactions: 13nikos62
give it time they seem to vibrate lose
Rich I did the heat trick, with isolation its pretty good

Board was ON, as you're not cutting the entire support, just a small section of it. Seeing that you're asking, I'd say hold off til you have more time to read over the mod. In hindsight the mod is easy now, but remembering back when it was an effort until the material started to reveal. Just take your time, a little is better than too much, measure twice...good lighting is a must.

I'm using the relish cable and I did the foam trick to keep pressure on it and I have had no problems for 3 months now.

I did the foam trick too, but with the stock cable instead as I found the relish cable was way too loose on my bird. The foam also seemed to stop micro vibrations too.

The relish cable is crap
Thank u P2P. I almost buy that cable.
I am now starting to have HDMI cable issue. The cure for now is, shake the connector at GP cam side.
I removed my gimbal already and done all re-tightening, but the problem seems to lie at that Solo original HDMI connector to cam.
So no 3rd party HDMI will help me.

Use some needle nose pliers and clamp down on the HDMI connector on both the solo and gimbal. Do this with the cable plugged in of course, or it will never fit. That will tighten the connector and help reduce the vibration that causes the contact issues. The foam wedge trick on the solo end will also help.

I did not put the relish cable back in my latest RMA replacement. I routed the stock cable around the front, back around behind the board mounting stud, and that lines it right up with the gimbal. It took some effort to get it all lined up when putting the gimbal back on though.

@RichWest, what did you carve out?

@RichWest, what did you carve out?
You notch a portion of the "board mounting stud" that you went behind, see the linked mod in my post above. Wrapping the hdmi cable behind the "main board support" restrict the gimbal's ability to move properly. Notching the support gives more clearance for the cable to make the first turn back to the front of the bird. The video in the mod post shows how the cable contacts the (un-mod'd) support and how it effects the movement of the gimbal.

Sorry, it appears the instruction for the mod are not clear enough. I wish I could improve how it is conveyed, but it is what it is at the moment. I'll look it over further and see if I can improve on it....

the ribbon from relish or stock?

for me stock cable always worked better and lasted longer than any ribbon cable I tried.
I don't remember exactly because it's been long time ago but I damaged my original stock cable after maybe a month in a crash.
after that I went through 4 ribbon cables from Relish while waiting for stock cable replacement from 3DR.
1st ribbon cable lasted 1 week, the other 3 lasted 1 day each.
when the stock replacement cable arrived it lasted 2 months.
after that I was unable to fly because 3DR were out of stock on HDMI cables for couple of months, this is when I ordered 2 ribbon cables from Aerialpixels, one was same design as Relish and the other was reversed-right angle at one end (the one at the top in this picture) :

IMG_0618-001.JPG

I installed the reversed right angle cable and it lasted 1 month (by far the best ribbon cable I ever had), I had few crashes in that month so might have damaged the cable because of that, I don't know.

then finally I got new replacement stock cable from 3DR and I'm still using that one now (2 months now I think).

the reason why I don't like the "standard" ribbon cable I explained here (3rd paragraph) :
Frustrated, needing some help.

What options did you chose?
3.9 inch two type D flat?

these were options on my order for the reversed right angle cable :

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 11.49.39 PM.png

the reason I ordered the reversed right angle version is that this cable does not require the 180deg twist along the path.

the other ribbon cable from Aerialpixels which is identical in design as Relish :
Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 11.52.00 PM.png
I ordered this one because I assumed that both ends (connectors) are not opposite to each other, but in fact they are, just like the Relish cable so I never ended up using this one.

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44