So do I fly my Solo or I wait ?

SPP

Reaction score
I am going for 3 days holiday with my kids.

Unfortunately I am not going to my usual remote located island, but a sea side resort.
I choose to bring my drone-s, because I don't mind loosing it in the water if things go banana.

However reading problems with Solo new 2.4.0 FW, me kinda scared, as sea side resort means I can also hit people at the resort, assuming the Solo goes banana and head inland.

I can fly 2.4.0 iOS or 2.3.0 Android, I got both.
Personally I like Android, if I can choose but willing to use iOS if it is safer for now.

I got new T-Motors, so motor burnt out is at least...hopefully, won't happen for this trip.

I will bring 2 drones out of 3.
Either P3 and Phantom4 << both virgins, not flied yet
or
P4 and Solo.

I dislike Phantom3 for now, even without flying it.
P3 vibrations is too obvious during anchored test, I balanced all props, still the same shaky shaky.
Also I think the chassis of P3 is weak, P4 is much more rigid and so is Solo. This vibration does not seems to be only because of the motor. This motor not as smooth as P4 and surely unlike the T-Motor on Solo.

I plan to do a 5 meters hoover test with Solo first thing first, at least two batteries for hoover, hopefully if shi-et happens, it will hit some trees first. If I fly higher, it may hit someone or somebody's property if some bug occuring. Only at the usual remote island I flew last, I feel safe that hitting anyone is very very unlikely as the nearest crowded island with villages is like 3KM away. Loosing Solo to water is 99% chance and I will take loss to water anyday.

Any advice is appreciated.

I am 3 hours away from packing and deciding which 2 drones I will bring.

Thanks guys...

Frankly, I would never fly a drone of any manufacturer in a populated area where I can potentially hurt someone. All these things are more or less better toys - always with the risk that something can go south.

Well i have fly with 2.3 on android and no issue so far
beside the gimbal who give up on me
i have fly like 10 times last week the KDE motors still strong
using FPVLR + Controller R11e-2HnD - MikroTik
there's Jason Short who have one a patch tool
it does calibrate , Wifi , MD5 ,Factory ,Reset
somes have gain range and i think the wifi patch ramp up the baud rate for video feed
Patch Dropbox - Wifi_fix_Installer2.zip
Video Dropbox - instructions.mov

have great vacation SPP Fly3DR

Frankly, I would never fly a drone of any manufacturer in a populated area where I can potentially hurt someone. All these things are more or less better toys - always with the risk that something can go south.

Agree, the more I hang out in this forum and the more I watch youtubes near misses, I am a 100 times more careful about flying , compared to my Phantom1 period.

Computing hardware or software error is something very hard to do preventive maintenance on or to predict what may go wrong, when it will go wrong.

Wifi interference & mechanical like motors, at least we can do something to be less in the risk.

Hence I only feel comfortable the last session I flew at, that remote island.
Thanks Steve.

i would fly. i have two solos. one on 2.4 and the ther other on 2.4 beta and i have full faith in them. just know your aircraft, perform pre-flight checks, know what to do if issues arise and know how to fly in manual if need be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks