Solex does NOT see my (Open) Solo but connects to solo Wifi network?? Help! :)

Reaction score
So I just took my Solo out after being in the closet for aprox. 6 months.. My solo is running OpenSolo 2.5rc1 and Solex app 1.7.2.

Before putting it in the closet, I had been able to connect Solex to OpenSolo w/o issue.

What is strange is that both Solo and remote connect, find satalites and will eventually give me ready to fly status.. however when i connect my phone or tablet to the solo wifi, Solex shows I'm connected to the wifi network but displays message that I'm 'Not connected' and 'type:No Vehicle'

Finally, if Iaunch the original 3dr app, it DOES connect, display gopro video output etc! It just seems to be a problem w/ Solex...

Can anyone help me get connected to Solex ASAP?

I have plans to go fly tomorrow and really want to be able to connect to Solex and upgrade open solo before....

Here is a summary of what I'm seeing

From remote lcd - Open Solo 2.5 RC1

From Solex App - v1.7.2

From 3dr app

App - 2.4.0
Solo 2.4.9
AutoPilot 1.5.3
Gimbal 1.3.6
Controller - 2.4.9
Controller Firmware - 2.5-RC1

You have tell Solex what type of vehicle you are connecting to now, I believe.. Solex can now fly more than just the Solo.

You have tell Solex what type of vehicle you are connecting to now, I believe.. Solex can now fly more than just the Solo.
Where or how do I do That?

At present it would seem that all the vehicle settings are greyed out and there doesn't appear to be an obvious setting to add one/select solo ...

The vehicle settings are greyed out because Solex hasn't detected a vehicle. Open Solex, on the main screen with the video click on the "Wifi settings" button to select your solo from there. Once connected you can go back into Solex and your bird should be detected. If not, make sure you click on the "connect" button on the left hand side, make sure it says "UDP" and not "USB" in the drop down menu beside the "connect" button.

Reactions: TheRedEyeBandit
So I finally figured it out.. and it was operator error (doh!).

Thinking it had something to do w/ the old version of OpenSolo i was running I upgraded to 3.0 via SSH last night but Solex still didn't connect. I did look (closer) at the setting and did find the default vehicle setting, where I selected solo. Solex still didn't connect..

What I finally realized/figured out was that on the Solex home screen where it shows the connect drop down for UDP or USB (which i pushed many times), the word Connect was actually a button for connecting to the solo ... wow. I can't believe I fiddled with it as much as I did before I noticed that the word connect was a button! I guess I assumed that it would (though that it used) connect automatically ..anyway whatever, all good now!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc