Reaction score
I took along my Birdy ll (my solo) for closing day at the Laax resort in Switzerland. She's such a great tool and so much fun to film with that I have to remind myself film and shoot other angles too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great angles although I'd be a little bit careful about flying over a crowd. It could easily become just another tragic drone headline.

Apart from that, how did the Solo perform? Was the battery life shorter than in warmer weather? Did you notice the props icing or the Solo condensing? Any problems with landing or take off?

Vernon that was awesome. Our season should start in a couple of months. YEW!!
Thanks AGD.
I'll be heading over to Oz in a few weeks for 5 months sailing up the east coast. Plenty of Solo footage will come from that.

Great angles although I'd be a little bit careful about flying over a crowd. It could easily become just another tragic drone headline.

Apart from that, how did the Solo perform? Was the battery life shorter than in warmer weather? Did you notice the props icing or the Solo condensing? Any problems with landing or take off?

Thanks Tamj
Yeah I tried to stay always just to the side of the crowd, I'm aware of the dangers there.
I had no problems at all with Solo. Until now I have only flown Birdy in these sort of conditions so I can't really compare it to hot weather at sea level. I did soak the props in antifreeze but on this day temps were on the positive side for sure so no worries with freezing. I'm guessing battery life will increase at sea level, I landed at 25% after about 12 min. The location I was flying at was 2300m. Taking off in snow is not problem, just stamp out a little spot. Landing is different as its very easy to flip her when landing as one leg can easily sink. I always just hover and then grab a leg and turn off the motors.

Reactions: Tamj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc