That was easy.

Reaction score
Greetings all,
Just got done with my first flight and I can't believe how easy the Solo operates! I wasted my money on a toy that I could learn on and that POS drone was MUCH harder to fly than the Solo. What fun! I used RTH for my first landing but found it was incredibly easy to land it myself. I had some trouble connecting the controller to the drone and it took me a few hours to resolve, so my flight time was short. Can't wait to get out again.
My interest in drones is for surveying ecological sites and eventually graduating to lidar pucks and other sensors. Ultimately, I want to accurately collect field data on rivers, streams and lakes using only the drone and cameras. So, I'm also eager to get into Solex and programming routes. But, money is tight as I'm a student and a gopro, gimbal and Solex will have to wait, a bit. Meantime, this is the best purchase I've made in looooong time.
I'm excited to join such a great group of pilots. I've been lurking for awhile and I'm quite impressed with the constructive and meaningful conversations I've read, albeit many of them are WAY above my pay grade.
If anyone has hints or insights into what maps I can make using Hero4 and eventually transferring that info into QGIS, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you all for already providing me with great insight into the Solo and the world of drones. Now, if I can just figure out how pixhawk works with arducopter and Solex, etc etc. That stuff is blowing my mind. If anyone has a flow chart of how the android app interacts with controller, drone and internal chips and bits, I'd love to try and wrap my head around it. Regards, Pete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea