Smart battery.......

Reaction score
I'm having an issue, at first I thought it was random, but now I'm a bit concerned......couple months ago I bought the BOGO special with the batteries. But every time I use them I get no feed from controller to go pro... Both batteries...... Original battery that came with solo works great every time. Am I missing something? Does labeling them smart batteries mean they must be updated? (Stupid question , updating battery , sheesh). Both new batteries have sequential batch numbers and not sure if I got bad batteries from 3dr, or something needs to be done that I'm not considering.

since the role of the battery is to simple supply power I would suspect something else.
Try doing a chat with the guys at 3DR come tuesday

Btw I have always found pulling the battery on the controller for 30 seconds sometimes clears that up

Reactions: Lou Mannatti
since the role of the battery is to simple supply power I would suspect something else.
Try doing a chat with the guys at 3DR come tuesday

Btw I have always found pulling the battery on the controller for 30 seconds sometimes clears that up
I have tried to do everything .... Even went a purchased a gph4 black. (Was using silver 3+). Factory resets everywhere , cycling settings on camera , spent a fair amount of time jacking around with these batteries when all I wanna do is fly. . Other than that, I truly enjoy my solo, just wish I could get more than 13 minutes of video.

that is a unique problem, maybe someone else has seen it.
Wish I could help more but this looks like a service quest
Just curious can you tell me what you mean by no feed from controller to gopro?
do you mean video feed from gopro to solo app?
If so I would try eliminating the gimbal, connect direct tot the hdmi cable, and see if the results are the same

that is a unique problem, maybe someone else has seen it.
Wish I could help more but this looks like a service quest
Just curious can you tell me what you mean by no feed from controller to gopro?
do you mean video feed from gopro to solo app?
If so I would try eliminating the gimbal, connect direct tot the hdmi cable, and see if the results are the same
Getting black screen on app , tried eliminating gimble. Went with stock mount. ... Same issue. Methinks they sold me some bad batteries.

I don't see how it possibly could be the battery even though it really seems like it. If there was an issue with the battery it would affect a lot more than just video. It would affect the whole system and you'd get a lot less flight time out of the bad battery. I would really contact support or file a ticket from the app so they can see the logs when this is happening.

And no its not stupid to ask if you need to update the smart batteries. You don't with Solo but do with DJI ;)

I don't see how it possibly could be the battery even though it really seems like it. If there was an issue with the battery it would affect a lot more than just video. It would affect the whole system and you'd get a lot less flight time out of the bad battery. I would really contact support or file a ticket from the app so they can see the logs when this is happening.

And no its not stupid to ask if you need to update the smart batteries. You don't with Solo but do with DJI ;)
I never actually took flight with the new batteries. Everything "Seems" to boot up just fine, but scared to fly without video feed. (Could be other features not working as well). I have narrowed the common denominator to the two batteries. Original stock battery works great.

What does the battery voltage say on the app? Or can you check it with a meter? This is quite perplexing.

New here, just got my Solo last week. I've had similar issues with my GoPro, today I had to shutdown and restart everything 3 times beofre I could get a video feed. Interestingly all the other functions worked, I could change the GoPro settings, move the gimble and fly the drone. Just no video. I did buy a second battery (got everything from BestBuy) so I'm not sure which battery I was using (OE or backup).

It is important to have the latest GoPro firmware installed.
No one mentioned this so I am just throwing it in there.
Used to get the same thing myself, and occasionally now, but a restart of the app usually fixes it.

I never actually took flight with the new batteries. Everything "Seems" to boot up just fine, but scared to fly without video feed. (Could be other features not working as well). I have narrowed the common denominator to the two batteries. Original stock battery works great.
Don't be afraid to fly without video- I learned to fly drones competently before I ever hooked up a camera.:D

No one needs video to fly a drone; there are hundreds of thousands of small drones flying without even a camera. It is the way one should learn to fly.

I fly mine to about 1200 feet away without ever looking at the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks