Simple Solo Calibration Question.

Reaction score
The Solo like any other flight controller I have worked with has a calibration procedure for the accelerometer.
I need a little help better understaning the Solo specifically.
Because of it's legs it does not set at 90° angles to the earth when you set it on its sides or set it
nose down or butt down leaning on its legs.

Are you supposed to calibrate it like this on those funky angles and the software somehow compensates for the odd angles caused by the legs?
Or are you supposed to prop it up or hold it steady at 90° angles NOT leaning on the legs when you calibrate?

Sorry stupid question.. And if this is covered or explained somewhere I have missed it in the manual and
during months of reading the forum here for other things.

Thanks.

Reactions: NightStorm
The Solo like any other flight controller I have worked with has a calibration procedure for the accelerometer.
Because of it's legs it does not set at 90° angles to the earth when you set it on its sides or set it

Are you supposed to calibrate it like this on those funky angles and the software somehow compensates for the odd angles caused by the legs?
Or are you supposed to prop it up or hold it steady at 90° angles NOT leaning on the legs when you calibrate?

Sorry stupid question.. And if this is covered or explained somewhere I have missed it in the manual and
during months of reading the forum here for other things.

Thanks.

When calibrating, it is not necessary to block the Solo to 90 degrees. Just follow the on-screen instructions and pictures resting the solo on its legs. It's not calibrating to 90 degrees one way or the other, just learning what left, right, front, back, top, and bottom are.

Thanks! I appreciate the quick reply.
I always wondered if it mattered (on all flight controllers) and had to be 90.
I think the manual shows pictures of the process but I still didn't completely trust only those photos.
Wanted to know for sure.

Wow that's what I was wondering about.
Now I'm wondering about that again.

Perfect 90 degree angles are not necessary in master either. It's calibrating accelerometers, not gyros.

Thanks for asking that, always wondered about that as well.

I have 3 and I calibrate them inside on my coffee table. You Tube has a video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44