Screws loose...

My general opinion is this.

I have had 3 phantoms that were all pretty good machines including the P3 (so far). I really don't see any glaring QC or design issues with the Solo and overall it without a doubt is going to hold up better than the Phantoms in a crash. I think a lot of this is in the design.

So if 3DR can make the gimbal work and add features to the app they are going to have a great machine.

I have read several post on this site and others about crashing and destroying as many as 4 props, popping battery off and putting it back together with new props and barely a scratch. That is something you rarely hear about on the white ones !

Drone companies need to build these things out of the same material they use in the grass shoot of my lawn mower :)

I will say that I love the durability too.. My friend smacked his white one down and it was fragile.. I landed hard and not a scratch..

I am slowly building the confidence..

Ryan G

Yea I found a green rubber almost tape but it just sticks to itself can't remember brand name but my p2 has multiple screws that won't hold and it stretches and holds it together great and doesn't affect weight put it on all 4 and it looks good where the stickers were. Better than stock if you do it right. Almost bought a shell but figured why it just happened while waiting for solo release so it's now my beater anyway and really looks good with no affect on flight.

I don't see us having this issue with solo since the plastic isn't as light and brittle though. My solo hasn't had issues with screws yet either so hopefully it's just a couple issues being blown up.

Have to say this sites the best around for facts not hysteria hopefully that never changes. It's night and day from the last solo thread I tried to be part of.

If it sounds prudent, it's probably worthwhile. Can't hurt, and can only help. The P3 is having vibration issues with the props and some folks are getting cracks in the airframe.

I put the stock blades on a balancing shafts made for the Phantom. All 4 props were well out of balance. I submitted my flight logs to 3DR. Now that the props are balanced I will send the logs to them after I fly tomorrow. I called and actually got through to tech support and told them about the vibration issues i'm having.

My email from 3dr today says if you want improved performance balancing may help but is not needed, obviously I want the performance of balanced props that's not exactly an upgrade but rather standard for copters. Ill have a balancer on the way tonight. Thanks to everybody that answered me before. Just threw that question in my reply for support ticket email they got back to me pretty fast on my ticket and in one day on replying again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc