Reaction score
Has anyone else had a RMA with their Solo and gimbal?
And how long did this take? Not sure what to expect.
My gimbal would not work right out of the box, noir up date... Not showing up in app.
Wire connector damaged at the GPS = no sat. Out of the box
Autopilot software not showing up in app.
Thanks

I haven't but others have. It is supposed to take 7-10 days after it arrives at 3DR.

Did you already contact 3DR for RMA authorization?

I haven't but others have. It is supposed to take 7-10 days after it arrives at 3DR.

Did you already contact 3DR for RMA authorization?
Yes I've been working with 3DR last Monday on this, today got a email for my address and phone, but no other info on what they are going to do...

I RMA'd a gimbal. Everything was going along as planned, and then because there was confusion about whether they had one at the warehouse or if I would (should ) get one from China... The resolve took about 3 weeks. Perhaps you should ask them if they have gimbals on hand, I highly reccomend that you take not of who is authorizing your RMA and make that person your consistent inquiry target.

Mine took just under 2 weeks from the day I shipped to 3DR, bird and gimbal came direct from China.

GOOD LUCK! my RMA was lost during the Holiday rush..and I had to call customer service every day to have them finally , FINALLY send me one back.after the 7-10 Business day return policy... "and customer service admitted to me my RMA was misplaced for a few days..."
When I unboxed my ORIGINAL SOLO, I had maybe 5 flights on it, and I was trying to demonstrate it to a DJI user and it had a computer malfuction.."thank god not in the air" so I get on the Horn with tech support.. after ONE HOUR on the phone trying everything.. he agreed to a RMA and said it would be a replacement, and offered to do anything for me.. I said no...."I should have twisted his arm then and there for SWAG ."
"ON MY LAST CALL I DID ASK FOR SOMETHING>> I GOT IT OVERNIGHTED FOR THE INCONVIENENCE"

NOW I WAS TOLD IT WAS GOING TO BE A NEW UNIT......WHAT I GOT BACK WAS A REFURB......this made me unhappy , as when I looked it over it must have been flown a few times itself as the hdmi cable was abrased (me being OCD) where it would be next to the hull of the craft.
"which I rectify by padding for less vibration on the cable..." ,the FEET were dirty.....AND part of a leaf inside ....how it got in I have NO idea... "it was tiny and not the whole leaf.." I did get a extended set of feet in the refurb box and not in the original...

NOW I STILL AM A 3DR GUY and this really didn't sour me from the company to make go back to DJI or others..
"I sold all my other toys..WALKERA, BLADE,ETC..."
I LOVED SOLO FROM THE MOMENT I OPENED THE BOX!
just happy to have a working unit back with me.... I hate that this is my first post, but I have been eyeballing the forum after I sent it in and just saw the issues everyone else has dealt with ... all in all I have a working solo back in my possession...which makes me a HAPPY 3DR owner again.

Last edited:
Oh great...I finally got mine flying perfectly- balanced motors & props, GPS mod.
Last Saturday I had to RMA it because of an electrical problem. I got an email today that said all the motor pods, among other things, had been replaced.
Now I wonder what I'm actually going to get back.:confused:

CAPTAYR- I also have "no" idea how a leaf got inside your Solo. :DThat's not acceptable.

Has anyone else had a RMA with their Solo and gimbal?
And how long did this take? Not sure what to expect.
My gimbal would not work right out of the box, noir up date... Not showing up in app.
Wire connector damaged at the GPS = no sat. Out of the box
Autopilot software not showing up in app.
Thanks
My Solo is at 3DR on RMA right now. From the time they authorized the RMA it took 5 days for them to send me a FedEx label. then 2 days in transit. Since 3DR received my Solo and gimbal from FedEx it has now been 20 days and they are supposedly "still working on it." No estimate on when it will be returned/replaced.

I only have 3 low altitude flights consisting of flying 300 feet to my mother in laws house and back, haven't even pushed the limits at all or even for any of my intended purposes yet..... I'd be really up set to get back someone's else's returned unit or "refurbished" one that was dirty!

My Solo is at 3DR on RMA right now. From the time they authorized the RMA it took 5 days for them to send me a FedEx label. then 2 days in transit. Since 3DR received my Solo and gimbal from FedEx it has now been 20 days and they are supposedly "still working on it." No estimate on when it will be returned/replaced.
That's not good- what was wrong with it?

Come on you guys...
Is anyone at all surprised that it takes a while to complete an RMA? Just imagine if it were really simple. How many parts and whole new units would be flying back to customers. I'm sure that profit is thrown out the wondow once you replace a product.
Let's understand something and accept what it means. . . . Solo is still a beta product. When you buy this houndog you buy into an independent startup that that put the product out there without due diligence on it's testing. Why? You ask? It's quite simple, the marketplace is innovating month by month. Whether by design or not, 3DR put it out there that their product was leading edge.
Like waaay infront of it's competitors. OK, so we bought into it. Fine
But get this clear... The advertising and hype preceded the actual proven capabilities of the product. And... you know what? You can't blame them. If Solo were advertised only today after extensive testing, Their product would not be competitive in the marketplace. Look around, what can you now get for how much money?
So we paid more than what another company had so we could be a part of the leading edge. We did, we are, and we're beta testing customers.
That's what we have. I love my Solo and I love the spirit of the company. I just know that I opted to be amongst the first, to the edge of the earth.

It had a bad case of the shakes. Way too much macro vibration to get stable footage.
That's too bad- hope you get back in the air soon.
Come on you guys...
Is anyone at all surprised that it takes a while to complete an RMA? Just imagine if it were really simple. How many parts and whole new units would be flying back to customers. I'm sure that profit is thrown out the wondow once you replace a product.
Let's understand something and accept what it means. . . . Solo is still a beta product. When you buy this houndog you buy into an independent startup that that put the product out there without due diligence on it's testing. Why? You ask? It's quite simple, the marketplace is innovating month by month. Whether by design or not, 3DR put it out there that their product was leading edge.
Like waaay infront of it's competitors. OK, so we bought into it. Fine
But get this clear... The advertising and hype preceded the actual proven capabilities of the product. And... you know what? You can't blame them. If Solo were advertised only today after extensive testing, Their product would not be competitive in the marketplace. Look around, what can you now get for how much money?
So we paid more than what another company had so we could be a part of the leading edge. We did, we are, and we're beta testing customers.
That's what we have. I love my Solo and I love the spirit of the company. I just know that I opted to be amongst the first, to the edge of the earth.
I have to admit, I've sure learned a lot along the way!

Well, this sounds like good news. Got this email today from 3DR

"Your product has been repaired! It has been fully tested and in perfect working order. Please see below for a description of what was done:

Solo works correctly, test was performed on a open field for over 2000ft without having any issues with video.
All calibrations and test were done and successfully passed.

All products go through our comprehensive repair process and calibrations. A flight test has been conducted to ensure your vehicle functions and performs as intended.

It won't be long until your copter is on its way to you! Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for us to carefully pack it and ship it to you. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We are always happy to help."

I'm glad they repaired instead of replaced. I feel better about getting back a unit that has been evaluated, repaired and tested instead of a new one that might come with its own new set of possible problems. Fingers crossed that the shake problems are fixed.

Unfortunately it won't get to me in time for my Florida keys trip so I'll be taking the P3P but I'm optimistically excited to do some shooting with Solo when I get back.

I'm glad they repaired instead of replaced. I feel better about getting back a unit that has been evaluated, repaired and tested instead of a new one that might come with its own new set of possible problems.
I had crashed mine into a tree and when it fell, the data connector on the gimbals pc board broke off. That was all the damage, at least what was visible. I sent it in expecting a simple re-solder, but they gave me a new one instead, saying they don't do repairs (which has apparently changed now). I was surprised since it was my fault and got a new one for free. But, the new one didn't work and returned it yesterday. So, yes, I think I would have liked mine repaired also. Who knows what I'm going to end up with this time.

Well, this sounds like good news. Got this email today from 3DR

"Your product has been repaired! It has been fully tested and in perfect working order. Please see below for a description of what was done:

Solo works correctly, test was performed on a open field for over 2000ft without having any issues with video.
All calibrations and test were done and successfully passed.

All products go through our comprehensive repair process and calibrations. A flight test has been conducted to ensure your vehicle functions and performs as intended.

It won't be long until your copter is on its way to you! Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for us to carefully pack it and ship it to you. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We are always happy to help."

I'm glad they repaired instead of replaced. I feel better about getting back a unit that has been evaluated, repaired and tested instead of a new one that might come with its own new set of possible problems. Fingers crossed that the shake problems are fixed.

Unfortunately it won't get to me in time for my Florida keys trip so I'll be taking the P3P but I'm optimistically excited to do some shooting with Solo when I get back.
I got the same email a couple of days ago- nothing since then.
Tick-tock, tick- tock....

3DR moved quickly with my RMA, got the email on a Friday, shipped it out on Monday, they received it on Wed with emails stating 10 working days to fix. Ten days later I got the email:

"Your product has been repaired! It has been fully tested and in perfect working order. Please see below for a description of what was done.

Replaced the network cards on both the Artoo and the Solo. Also replaced the HDMI wire. Video feed is good and range at the field reached 4500 feet @150 altitude. Tested with the gimbal.

If they ship it out Monday, that would be two weeks from when they received it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig