Return ALL kit to 3DR

Reaction score
Hiya all
Has anyone experienced this situation ?
I have a floppy gimbal - flops continuously in the horizontal, fine vertically.
Sent all details, logs etc to Support & all original receipts.
They have authorised a RMA to collect (from UK) back to States. What I find strange is they want everything returned, Solo, batteries, Gimbal - all original parts etc PLUS my GoPro & Lowepro case.
I am awaiting their reply querrying this but I thought I would see if this is the norm !
Cheers guys
Terry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I would not send my own camera and or bag
the rest is standard for 3DR and not necessarily a bad idea. If you are going to send it in and get a total go over

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Hiya all
Has anyone experienced this situation ?
I have a floppy gimbal - flops continuously in the horizontal, fine vertically.
Sent all details, logs etc to Support & all original receipts.
They have authorised a RMA to collect (from UK) back to States. What I find strange is they want everything returned, Solo, batteries, Gimbal - all original parts etc PLUS my GoPro & Lowepro case.
I am awaiting their reply quarrying this but I thought I would see if this is the norm !
Cheers guys
Terry
Hi Telboypen,
That doesn't sound right. You definitely don't have to send in your bag or GoPro. Just a few questions.
  1. Was this persistent across power cycles?

2. Look for the dim green light. This shouldn't persist for more than a few seconds

3. Try turning it off and turning it back on.

4. If this happens constantly and the gimbal fails to ever go breathing bright green. We'll take replace the gimbal.

Hi Telboypen,
That doesn't sound right. You definitely don't have to send in your bag or GoPro. Just a few questions.
  1. Was this persistent across power cycles?

2. Look for the dim green light. This shouldn't persist for more than a few seconds

3. Try turning it off and turning it back on.

4. If this happens constantly and the gimbal fails to ever go breathing bright green. We'll take replace the gimbal.

1/ Not sure what you mean 'across all power cycles' ?

2/ The green light on the back of the Gimbal flashes constantly green.

3/ This has been happening for weeks , so been used with fresh batteries etc etc

4/ Yes constantly.

Apart from logs, have sent videos of Solo in flight with floppy video.

Are you part of 3DR ?

Thanks

Terry

1/ Not sure what you mean 'across all power cycles' ?

2/ The green light on the back of the Gimbal flashes constantly green.

3/ This has been happening for weeks , so been used with fresh batteries etc etc

4/ Yes constantly.

Apart from logs, have sent videos of Solo in flight with floppy video.

Are you part of 3DR ?

Thanks

Terry
Hi Terry,

Sorry about that. I meant that does it persist through several reboots?

And yep, I work for 3DR.

What's your ticket number? I'll push it along.

Reactions: mbaum and Ian [P13]
I was originally in discussion with Israel who passed it to Customer Service.
They have given me the RMA to have it all collected, the query was about having my Case, GoPro and spare battery returned.
I have emailed them asking why I need to return these items & awaiting a reply. No problem getting the wheels in motion - I'm holding things up with this query.
Thanks for your assistance.

You could say that. He's one of the most senior guys at the company. He's helped people on this site before. Get him your ticket number.

Just read this reply from erikgraham !!!
Ticket No is 186038
Thanks guys.

Reactions: Maddog
Update.
Just had email requesting Solo & Gimbal only.
Now that makes sense.
Thanks for your assistance & interest. Will let you know the final outcome.

When it says Solo, that's the Solo box complete I believe, i.e. controller, battery, charger etc, basically as it was sent out. As an RMA return is itself complete.

I had the same issue with my Gimbal and same request i.e. to send them my gimbal, solo, controller et al on an RMA. I queried it and was told that it was a mistake and to just send the Gimbal. I have done so (5 days ago) and I am waiting to find out what happens next!

I had the same issue with my Gimbal and same request i.e. to send them my gimbal, solo, controller et al on an RMA. I queried it and was told that it was a mistake and to just send the Gimbal. I have done so (5 days ago) and I am waiting to find out what happens next!

They now require the Solo, Controller & Gimbal. I am OK with that.

Just added 'floppy' video to original post !

Last edited:
I've still not heard anything back from 3DR about my RMA'd Gimbal. That's almost a month since I sent it to them. I hope I hear something soon...

Update.
Eventually called Fedex to collect (UK), collected within 2 hours of call, 3DR had it back with them within 4 days, they replaced the Gimbal & the Solo. I had it back in the UK 10 days after original shipping - fantastic service !!
I was not advised that the Solo had been replaced, it was only when the controller could not communicate that I realised what they had swapped birds. I knew the hours that I had flown with my original unit so I was a bit concerned about this replacements history.
Technical advised me when questioned - "it was replaced for a new or mint condition unit, at the most had 30 days of use, if it was used" - doesn't really tell me much about possible usage though. Just accept its been sorted ?
Been out flying 3 times since, apart from losing signal once, everything is as it should be.
Thanks 3DR.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Update.
Eventually called Fedex to collect (UK), collected within 2 hours of call, 3DR had it back with them within 4 days, they replaced the Gimbal & the Solo. I had it back in the UK 10 days after original shipping - fantastic service !!
I was not advised that the Solo had been replaced, it was only when the controller could not communicate that I realised what they had swapped birds. I knew the hours that I had flown with my original unit so I was a bit concerned about this replacements history.
Technical advised me when questioned - "it was replaced for a new or mint condition unit, at the most had 30 days of use, if it was used" - doesn't really tell me much about possible usage though. Just accept its been sorted ?
Been out flying 3 times since, apart from losing signal once, everything is as it should be.
Thanks 3DR.
I finally got a repaired gimbal through the mail at the beginning of May - that's a 4 month turn-around! @Telboypen I would love to know how you got the VIP treatment. I was clearly standing in the wrong queue! I also have FEDEX trying to charge me a £21 processing and admin charge which I can't see why I should have to pay for the pleasure. Did you get the same? Did you fight it?

UK turn around is usually fairly quick with an RMA, so it's usually within 2 weeks, so months is the exception not the norm.

UK customs law is tricky, if you tell them you've had your goods replaced you're liable to a full duty charge which is completely unfair, but if you tell them it's a repair there should be no duty. You usually have to be able to prove you sent it off for repair by providing the original tracking number.

If you can't get FedEx to remove the charge query it with 3DR and see if they can help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M