Replacement Gimbal wires for Solo

Reaction score
Ok, my first Solo is out of the warrantee period, so it's time to operate. First procedure is to improve the gimbal isolation. Who ever spec'd the HDMI cable and hard, inflexable gimbal wires to attach to the isolated side of the gimbal should be fired! I need to find some small silicon insulated wires in the right gauge, looking for sources.... And what is the best HDMI cable to use???

Thanks all!!

Rusty

I went to Relish 3D and purchased the HDMI ribbon cable. Worth every cent.

I very much agree. The data cable's connectors are nothing proprietary. However you'll need to buy them, and what is likely to be an expensive crimper to make you're own. For the HDMI, Relish3D makes a popular ribbon cable for this purpose. However lots of people have issues with it making poor contact in the connector on the solo. You end up having to wedge a piece of foam above the connector to keep pressure on it.

Who ever spec'd the HDMI cable and hard, inflexable gimbal wires to attach to the isolated side of the gimbal should be fired!
They were....;)

To bypass building up a data connector, you could cut short and solder on flexible wires. I have an old computer that has flexible silicone ribbon cable, I plan on using that rather than trying to source specific cable from china....

Nothing wrong with the stock hdmi cable, it works fine...just need to heat form it to get up and out of the way.

They were....;)

To bypass building up a data connector, you could cut short and solder on flexible wires. I have an old computer that has flexible silicone ribbon cable, I plan on using that rather than trying to source specific cable from china....

Nothing wrong with the stock hdmi cable, it works fine...just need to heat form it to get up and out of the way.
Yeah, i was going to splice in a softer section as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc