Really Messed Up

Reaction score
Hi people.
This time i really messed up.
I am brand new to this Solo universe. I got my Solo with everything stock (2.4.2, black cube), then installed the Open Solo 3.0.0 and everything was perfect.
When the 3.7 dev was installed (all the reset params and the calibrations) the gimbal began to act funny, so I try to "downgrade" to the Open Solo again and here comes the long story.
The gimbal kept acting weird and the Solo kept doing the sounds of the 3.7 dev and the lights, so, I tried to go more backwards to the 2.4.2 again (solo_0.6.10.sdcard and controller_0.6.10.sdcard)...no problem with that, connected to 3DR app, actualiced software, pairing the Solo and the controller, but the start sounds and lights kept on the 3.7 dev. so, again, i decided to go to Open Solo (I always made the calibrations and make sure everything works as it should), with Open Solo 3.0.0 i thought to give it another try on the 3,7 dev. but this time the Solo made another "start" sound and didn´t paired with the controller, so, no big problem i thought, lets go back to the 2.4.2 one more time, but now not even with the 2.4.2 the controller get paired with the copter.
I read that starting the Solo with the SSWT switch pressed, it reset the params, so I made it, and now the Solo went back to the original factory start sound, so, I flashed again to solo_0.6.10.sdcard and controller_0.6.10.sdcard but i can´t get the Solo and the controller to get paired.
I know I know, i am not supossed to play with things i dont understand, but what can I do to come this Solo back to live?

Sorryyyyy :(

Last edited:
When you restart your solo, you hold in the SSWT button for about 2 seconds to restart the pairing process. If you hold it in for any longer than that you're just going to perform a factory reset.

When you restart your solo, you hold in the SSWT button for about 2 seconds to restart the pairing process. If you hold it in for any longer than that you're just going to perform a factory reset.

I want to flog whoever started this rumor with a fish. The SSWT button located inside the gimbal bay is connected to the cube's safety switch terminals. It does not do anything for pairing, does not do a factory reset, and does not reset parameters. The only thing holding the SSWT button while powering on does is reload the IOMCU firmware in the cube.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Now, with that rant over:
If you have 3.7-dev installed, and you try to go back to the old crappy 3DR ArduCopter version, the IOMCU gets stuck during that firmware loading process. In which case, holding the SSWT button while powering on resets the IOMCU and will get it working again. So you did the right thing, just the reason why was incorrect due to that damn rumor.

When you power on the Solo, does it make the usual beeps and lights?

I want to flog whoever started this rumor with a fish. The SSWT button located inside the gimbal bay is connected to the cube's safety switch terminals. It does not do anything for pairing, does not do a factory reset, and does not reset parameters. The only thing holding the SSWT button while powering on does is reload the IOMCU firmware in the cube.
You are of course correct sir, I didn't have a drone in front of me at the time and I couldn't see that the button that I was thinking about is clearly marked "PAIR" and not "SSWT". This is of course to the accursed fact that I've never had a pairing issue, so I'm not overfly familiar with that hole...….. (so many jokes, so little time).

Now, with that rant over:
If you have 3.7-dev installed, and you try to go back to the old crappy 3DR ArduCopter version, the IOMCU gets stuck during that firmware loading process. In which case, holding the SSWT button while powering on resets the IOMCU and will get it working again. So you did the right thing, just the reason why was incorrect due to that damn rumor.

When you power on the Solo, does it make the usual beeps and lights?

hey pal!
so, you can "downgrade" from 3.7dev to 3.0.0 again?

It is possible but I wouldn't recommend it. On the green cube, it isn't complicated. On the stock cube it is a pain in the ass.

tell
It is possible but I wouldn't recommend it. On the green cube, it isn't complicated. On the stock cube it is a pain in the ass.

tell me about it...!
i had to open the drone and controller in order to to flash the sd to stock solo, reset the cube with sswt, upgrade again 2.4.2, and then upgrade to solo 3.0.0...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc