QGroundControl & stock Solo

Reaction score
Couldn't find the tower app in the android store so I downloaded the QGroundControl app and it looked a lot like Mission Planner so I thought "cool" cause MP is what I learned on. Long story short, as it lifts off the ground the quad yaws max to the left, no control with stock controller only thing I cpould do was grab a leg and hold on until the Solo disarmed itsself. (SCARY at "runaway" this thing is wild )s Question: did this QGC app corrupt the sd Golden image on the solo ? Under what heading(s) in MP are the yaw parameters and what should they be ? Please anything but taking Solo apart and rewriting the sd card

Thankx to the forum for the assistance and P2P " I apologize for our earlier disagreement" about the electron loop

Last edited:
I don’t see how QGC can corrupt the Solo parameters unless you explicitly changed them either in MP or QGC.

Nope . solo was flying great. I installed QGC and she went haywire.. So any input on the question about the yaw perimeters for Solo in Mission Planner since I cant download Tower anymore ?
Thankx

QGC, nor any other GCS app, could or would cause that without the user explicitly and intentionally using the app to make parameter or flight mode changes. If you didn't do that, then the issue has nothing to do with QGC and is simply a coincidence that you just installed it.

The emergency stop function is generally safer than trying to grab it.

Maybe do a level recalibration and a compass recalibration?

Couldn't find the tower app in the android store so I downloaded the QGroundControl app and it looked a lot like Mission Planner so I thought "cool" cause MP is what I learned on. Long story short, as it lifts off the ground the quad yaws max to the left, no control with stock controller only thing I cpould do was grab a leg and hold on until the Solo disarmed itsself. (SCARY at "runaway" this thing is wild )s Question: did this QGC app corrupt the sd Golden image on the solo ? Under what heading(s) in MP are the yaw parameters and what should they be ? Please anything but taking Solo apart and rewriting the sd card

Thankx to the forum for the assistance and P2P " I apologize for our earlier disagreement" about the electron loop
Tower app is no more . It’s now called Mission Maker for Android

Nope . solo was flying great. I installed QGC and she went haywire..
Going back in time, weren't you the guy that put the props on backwards? One misplaced prop can could exhibit the same results as you described in this thread. May want to check that this isn't the case...

Last edited:
I truly did not know that the props can be successfully put on backwards without stripping the threads in order for that to be accomplished. I never had that happened unless it was with the older MAS props. But, glad that worked out and hope this one does as well my friend.

I never had that happened unless it was with the older MAS props.
Based on his first forum post, it appears this is what he has...older MAS props or APC.

Even so, Solo is a heavy bird and it's unlikely it could take off with one prop reversed. It would likely flip instead.

In either case, my comment was a redirect to a cause other than QGC being the culprit...ie mechanical rather than software.

Update to add content for a loss of motor...in the video you can see the quad flip/dip prior to the software stabilizing to a controlled spin. Solo does not have this ability.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I think maybe he had motors in the wrong places too. In any case, it certainly wasn't QGC that caused whatever it is that happened.

Reactions: RichWest
Umm. What 3DR is suggesting is exactly what we told you probably happened. The app didn't do it. YOU DID. You changed parameters or changed settings using the app, and that is what screwed it up. No app, including QGC, just blindly loads or changes parameters without the USER TELLING IT TO DO SO. You pushed a bunch of buttons that you shouldn't have pushed, and caused it to malfunction. Which based on your past posts here, comes as absolutely no surprise at all. Interestingly, the other cause they suggest (motor pods in the wrong order) is also something you have screwed up in the past.

As to the rest of your literary work of art, I'm sure the admins will respond and handle appropriately.

I thought there was suppose to be the ability for those to control their words and speak with diplomacy and maturity on this site as opposed to this foul mouth garbage used like that above. If one can't control their words like the above, maybe the administrator should reevaluate the member's ability to use this site since doubtful that anyone wants to hear a 62 y/o individual that can't control his temper on a public forum as such. Doubtful that we are taking direct shots at you my friend. Get a grip! This is about our Solo's and not about anyone's drugs.
I hands it to P2P to even interact when someone is throwing such a tantrum.
I sincerely hope things work out for the best that would cause such anger that would appear on an open form like this.
Not something I look forward in reading. Not too often that I've read something like this or even replied. But, someone like "bttmdwlr" could ruin this site for everyone. My friend, hopefully you can please refrain from further outbursts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo