Pulled the trigger at Best Buy

Reaction score
Well, I went to Best Buy for a tv cable and ended up coming home with Solo #2. I got the Solo, controller, 2 batteries, chargers, gimbal, and an extra set of props for $429.99 out the door. I had seen the ad online, but didn't realize it came with an extra battery, so when the guy told me that, I said what the heck. I have seen some used ones here and online for more, so I feel good about it. Now to start adding to #2, and hope my better half doesn't make me sleep with it......:D

That is my plan as well. I will give it a few test flights to be sure all is ok. I hope I can work a GoPro 4 Black into my Holiday goodies.....:rolleyes:

prices should be right, best I can tell the 4 Black as a video camera is not giving up much to the 5

Since I am currently using the 3+Black, the 4 Black is what I am going for. I use them strictly for Solo, so the 5 Black won't be an option. I am just a humble, technology challenged hobbyist.

Reactions: SARDG
Well, I went to Best Buy for a tv cable and ended up coming home with Solo #2. I got the Solo, controller, 2 batteries, chargers, gimbal, and an extra set of props for $429.99 out the door. I had seen the ad online, but didn't realize it came with an extra battery, so when the guy told me that, I said what the heck. I have seen some used ones here and online for more, so I feel good about it. Now to start adding to #2, and hope my better half doesn't make me sleep with it......:D
Congratulations Chuck! We'll have to go fly #2. I haven't flown since we flew last and I'm itching to get the birds out. That's a great deal! Talk to you soon.
Roy

Congratulations Chuck! We'll have to go fly #2. I haven't flown since we flew last and I'm itching to get the birds out. That's a great deal! Talk to you soon.
Roy
Sounds good, Roy. I am a bit under the weather, but as soon as I feel up to it I will be in touch. I am looking forward to trying out the new one.

Jeez - You guys in the US get the good deals. I paid GBP 900 for solo, gimbal, two extra batteries and backpack about 3 months ago. Had no issues and quite please with it so with the "demise" of 3DR I was thinking I might be able to pick up a cheap second one for spares etc but the best I can find is £500 for basic solo and gimbal. I guess that has to be down to shipping and import duty which would hit me too if I bought in US. On ebay here people are still paying over £750 for a used one! That has to be nuts.

Just bought the bundle to have a spare - Solo and 2 prop sets, with free gimbal, battery, and 1 prop set for $444.05 (with tax) from Best Buy.

Having a spare will be nice and I just couldn't pass up the low price.

I just pulled the trigger on the BB Solo #2 as well :) These price drops are truly the real benefit of so many other people willing to accept whatever the brand new UAV on the market is... The newer "cutting edge" features that DJI have been pushing are cool, even refreshing at times, but until someone can create a drone that can remotely match Solo smart shots for the sake of Aerial Cinematography -- then it's Solo all the way!

Honestly, even if my first Solo were to somehow fail immediately, and then this second one last another ~1 year or so, it'd totally be worth it at $400.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44