Propellers

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what I need to do to not have them show up in my video/photos?
I just got it a week ago still learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the speed setting in the middle, and generally don't film at high speeds. Also, do not use the wide setting on the GoPro - use the medium.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to not have them show up in my video/photos?
I just got it a week ago still learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Set the GoPro for 2.7k at medium and keep your speeds slower. The steeper your pitch angle, the more likely you will have props in your shots.

Reactions: specialk8900
When I do Real Estate shots I often fly backwards and then flip the video in post (obviously this requires line of sight while flying). That way the body of solo is tilted back away from the camera. Sometimes you need the wide view and this allows me to get it without legs or props in frame. Otherwise as stated above, use medium and fly slower. The faster you fly forward the more Solo is tilted in that direction. Your camera still points straight ahead regardless of what Solo is doing so you have to fly in a manner that won't put the props or legs into frame. Slow and steady with a little pre-planning of the flight makes the best video. It takes a few batteries to get it figured out but once you remember you are doing it for the video and not the fun of flying around fast it gets pretty easy. If you like flying fast that's fine too but understand that the video will not be as good. You can always speed up video in post to make it look like you were flying faster if you want that look.

Reactions: specialk8900
Setting your gimbal to 85 deg instead of 90 helps a lot. A ND filter is a must for eliminating prop shadows from your video. Shadows show up more frequently than the actual props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44