Prop Balancing

Reaction score
Hi, I know my props are unbalanced because I can hear the slight vibration and see it in the hull. None of this vibration transfers to the camera as the gimbel absorbs all the vibration. Is it still advisable to balance the props and what are the a advantages? Not sure if I want to buy a prop balancing kit if I don't really require it?

I would venture a guess the vast majority of owners do not balance them, and probably aren't even aware of the concept. So no, you don't need to. However, it certainly doesn't hurt and can only help.

Reactions: KrisTheAJ
I say yes. Especially on big props like Solo has. If your props are way out of balance you could impact the longevity of your motors as rough running motors get hotter than smooth running ones. If you can make something better then I don't see why you wouldn't since it's not that hard to do and it's fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrisTheAJ
Yes, it is recommended to balance your props, like you would anything else that spins. You balance your tires, don't you? Some props from the factory are off by a large amount. Here is more..

FYI Prop+Hub Balancing

Prop Balancing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44