ProDRENALIN SPECIAL SOLO OWNERS SOFTWARE OFFER

Reaction score
I've cleared this post with the admin team on this group, it's not SPAM, but a genuine offer made to the Facebook Solo User Group, that I thought would be great to extend here as well.

Offer open until the 16th of September.

First and foremost, this software promotion is NOT being offered as a fix to anyone with genuine gimbal or prop issues, you should obviously raise those with 3DR where necessary.

This offer has not been arranged via 3DR and is a kind offer made by Philip Hinkle who I believe will be joining this forum.

The ProDrenalin software is being offered at a significant discount to help you get the most professional results, the software removes the fisheye, has colour presets (for those not experienced with colour grading) and it has stabilization that can even cope with badly unbalanced props and other vibration issues.

The ProDrenalin software normally retails for $49, but is being offered for $19.95 which is a mere £13.50 for the Brits.

You can purchase the software from this link: ProDRENALIN | ProDrenalin

The Coupon Code is: 3DR

The software has been tested against some user videos from Solos which had severe problems (either with props or the gimbal install), in practice you'd want to avoid video looking this bad to begin with, but obviously it makes for a good stress test.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Ian.. Will take advantage of this now..(I love trying different software. Had a software only store back in 1984 in a mall in Reno).

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Awesome - purchased!

Thanks for passing this on. Thank you Philip!

My pleasure. Glad I can help you guys out.

Just so everyone knows I'm a real RC enthusiast and not someone just trying to sell software. I have a boatload of RC planes and my first multirotor was a tricopter stabilized with analog gyros from a helicopter. It was before the computer stabilization boards everyone uses now. I do have an original V1 Phantom (sorry to admit that here) but I don't fly it much. When I upgrade someday I seriously have my eye on the Solo. I just love the direction it is going and the concept behind it. Plus all the pilots seem to be more responsible and careful than the crazy Phantom people trying to fly 4 miles away or into the clouds. I have been doing photo and video on RC planes since my first plane about 10 years ago.

ProDRENALIN is my part time job and I probably know as much about the software options as anybody short of the programmers in Germany. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

Purchasing now another helpful post thanks Ian, so far you've had nothing but good advice so I'm sure this will be a great product.

I'm sure we do but just to check we do need to upload the hostpad changes again after this update right? Haven't had time to fly, had a long day doing my job as well as my bosses again today.

Thanks

Reactions: Ian [P13]
because im too lazy to read it all. What all does it do? does it replace the GoPro software completely or just stabilization and color grading?

@ChrisM101 Personally I'd use this instead of the GoPro software, unless you use that for any basic editing. It removes fisheye (if you want), colours the footage (if you want) and can stabilize it to, you tick on the changes you want to make.

Reactions: locutus
I'm sure we do but just to check we do need to upload the hostpad changes again after this update right? Haven't had time to fly, had a long day doing my job as well as my bosses again today.

Thanks
I've checked on my Solo and the changes WERE NOT reverted, so no you don't have to do anything.

I'm trying to find out if 3DR made the changes official or if they've simply decided not to change the values for this firmware release.

@ChrisM101 Personally I'd use this instead of the GoPro software, unless you use that for any basic editing. It removes fisheye (if you want), colours the footage (if you want) and can stabilize it to, you tick on the changes you want to make.
so you can you cut the footage? time line it?, add audio tracks? speed up, slow down? i hate gopro studios instability but adobe is $19 a month.

My pleasure. Glad I can help you guys out.

Just so everyone knows I'm a real RC enthusiast and not someone just trying to sell software. I have a boatload of RC planes and my first multirotor was a tricopter stabilized with analog gyros from a helicopter. It was before the computer stabilization boards everyone uses now. I do have an original V1 Phantom (sorry to admit that here) but I don't fly it much. When I upgrade someday I seriously have my eye on the Solo. I just love the direction it is going and the concept behind it. Plus all the pilots seem to be more responsible and careful than the crazy Phantom people trying to fly 4 miles away or into the clouds. I have been doing photo and video on RC planes since my first plane about 10 years ago.

ProDRENALIN is my part time job and I probably know as much about the software options as anybody short of the programmers in Germany. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.
Cool to have a fellow hobbyist with the video software chops... Welcome aboard.

so you can you cut the footage? time line it?, add audio tracks? speed up, slow down? i hate gopro studios instability but adobe is $19 a month.
Nope, you can't do any editing, you can export to then edit.

Have you not seen the free version of HitFilm??!!
HitFilm 3 Express - Get the software now for free - HitFilm.com

A few questions were already answered but it does fisheye removal. We have another program called DeFishr that only does fisheye but it also has a utility to create camera profiles for fisheye removal. All the cameras listed are ones we have profiles for. I just finished more profiles on the Garmin Virb XE, Drift Stealth and will be doing the Drift Ghost 2 next week. It evaluates how your lens and sensor create the fisheye so it can undo it as clean as possible.

You can't do timeline type of work. Like someone said, you export and then edit elsewhere. I have tried HitFilm and it's a pretty decent editing app. My biggest problem was it didn't open the mp4 files from my Panny GH2 cameras unless I upgraded to the full version. Since I am a videographer I have plenty of other apps to edit with so I never messed with it more. It is pretty good for a freebie if it will read your GoPro files.

I have to download the GoPro software soon. I have a GoPro4 Black that was purchased and loaned out for a test and review but it hasn't been returned. When I get it here I will try the GoPro software. I'm not sure how simple or difficult it is to remove the fisheye but I know ProDRENALIN is just a few mouse clicks.

The bonus of stabilization (that works great on those little shakes and bumps) and some simple color correction is a nice bonus as well.

If I can help with general video questions I will be glad to try. I do video for a living and used to be a trainer for Grass Valley Edius and use Adobe at my full time job.

The vibe around here is so much better than that other UAV area I have tried to hang around in. :)

Thanks for the info and the discount Philip, welcome to the forum. There is definitley a much better vibe here than any of the other forums I've tried, latley with the gimbal delay there's a bit more arguing than normal, but it's almost always respectful disagreements not the battles you see some places.

Can't wait to give your software a try I'm headed over to purchase it after I post this, especially after seeing your taking the time to join the forum and offer help and advice. You'll fit in great here as most everybody tries to help eachother out as best we can.

purchased and ran it on my surface pro 3 tonight it runs as well as gopro software on the I5, they recommend an I7. will apply it to some gimbaless video this weekend from the desk top

Thank you Philip and Ian for the great offer and software. I just purchased a copy and have already converted one of my favorite files that I made with the gimbal last week. It worked like a charm and cleared up all of the jitters in short order. I have been battling primarily horizontal jitters since I installed the gimbal. I have tried many of the camera (GP4 Black) setups suggested here on the forum in an attempt to reduce these jitters, but so far no luck in that area. This software does remove all of the jitters so the output is quite stunning. Ultimately, I still need to reduce the vibration to produce better video in the first place, but I can't isolate the source. The props are all balanced and the gimbal wires are properly stowed away. It may need nothing more than a minor tune up to solve the issue. Perhaps one of the firmware updates will tweak it in. I can just imagine starting with a "smooth" video and running it through this software. It would be glass.

There were some gimbal tweaks in yesterday's firmware release so it might be worth seeing if that has had any noticeable benefit for you.

I will be purchasing also. I would like to thank Ian and Phillip for their outstanding contribution to this forum and continued support. It is this kind of participation that that has made this forum different than some others and truly hope it will continue as lately it seems we have changed.

Kudos guys!!

Hey guys....a little something else to help. Here is a video tutorial on ProDRENALIN I did a while back. It may help if you have questions about functionality.

https://youtu.be/g_ihkOSpxFI

Also in my crazy hurrying last night to put this all together I forgot about a feature that may help. On the export screen there is a DeNoise filter. If you use this feature it will actually add a little sharpness back into the footage that may have been lost but the defisheye process. A few people on another groups noticed a little softness after processing and this helps restore it a little. Hope this helps and feel free to ask if you have any 3DR questions.

Now I have to find a way to get a Solo so I can play along with you guys. Meanwhile I'm stuck with my Phantom 1 and Hero 2 combination. I am sooooo retro.

Thanks for the offer. Tried it out. Like it as quick stand-alone to correct fisheye and do some tweaks. Does seem to have about an 8 or 9 minute clip limit though. But I can take care of those in Premiere or After Effects. Here's a time lapse I used it on as a sample. Corrected fisheye, boosted brighness and saturation and made image a little cooler. Well worth 20 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig