This software is great, certainly any commercial operator should have it as high winds can cause problems in footage with even the most expensive rigs, plus there will be some cases where it can help with SLR footage too.

Great write up Wingsuit. I will definitely be purchasing this.
You can download the demo free as well, so you can test it with footage before buying. The "Intensive Repair" does a CMOS analysis and that can even remove jello.

I have the lite version.
It runs great on my little surface pro 3 with 4gb of ram.
I use it to stabilize raw footage in the field so it is done when I get back to home base to edit.

The Merc version holds its own with Adobe products

I have the lite version.
It runs great on my little surface pro 3 with 4gb of ram.
I use it to stabilize raw footage in the field so it is done when I get back to home base to edit.

The Merc version holds its own with Adobe products
Interesting. I already have Premiere Pro CC with it's Warp Stabilizer. Do you know if either is better?

For those of you wondering, I put a few drone bits in the review. It does a great job with reasonably smooth footage.
I'm not one to run stabilization on everything as some do, but when you need it, you need it.

Review: proDAD Mercalli V4 Stabilizr Plug-in - Streaming Media Producer

curious to hear your thoughts.
Looks great, thanks for this. I guess the only way to know if it's better than ADobe's Warp Stabilizer is to try it side-by-side. Good thing they have a free trial.

I find Mercalli better than Warp Stabilizer in Premiere, you can fine tune Warp Stabilizer in After Effects to sometimes getting better results than Mercalli. I find Mercalli better for general video and Warp Stabilizer in After Effects better for timelapses.

Didn't know that. So Warp Stabilizer can't remove jello? Or does it not remove it well?
My setup is PC, so I am good.

IMO, Warp Stabilizer enhances jello rather than removes it. Mercalli is the only tool I've yet seen to do a reasonable job for removing jello. Be prepared for long render times, but you get good, fast, or cheap. Pick two. Mercalli is cheap and very good at what it does.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
warp stab and ND filter, balanced props and balanced gimbal seems to do the trick for me...but yes longgg rendering time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo