Problem completing firmware update Open Solo 2.5 RC (copter)

Reaction score
Everything was going smooth. Have done the previous Open firmware updates using Side Pilot with no problem. But this time something's gone amiss. After rebooting controller and Solo I unable to pair and when I try to redo the copter install I'm getting an error that says

Ssh unable to connect to Solo .

What should I do next to complete the update?

Everything was going smooth. Have done the previous Open firmware updates using Side Pilot with no problem. But this time something's gone amiss. After rebooting controller and Solo I unable to pair and when I try to redo the copter install I'm getting an error that says

Ssh unable to connect to Solo .

What should I do next to complete the update?

I think I got it sussed. I did another reboot (3rd times a charm!) and SHE PAIRED!

FYI I'm still stock , no green cube YET!

Side pilot shows controller 2.5 RC3 and copter as 2.4.93. So I'm assuming the copter still hasn't updated its firmware.
Is that correct? I'll attempt again and report back.

Btw the LEVEL CALIBRATION does not appear to be working in side pilot. I had to do that cal using the 3DR Solo app. Compass cal worked fine.

Again I'm running stock no green cube yet. In Side pilot the firmware updates page shows:

Controller 2.4.93, Controller f/w 2.5-RC3, Solo 2.4.93, Autopilot 1.5.4,

Is this complete? Does Autopilot need update? Arducopter? Any additional updates?

Thank you for your assistance

Btw the LEVEL CALIBRATION does not appear to be working in side pilot.
From what I have found, to perform the 'Level Calibration', you must open the 'Accelerometer Calibration' setting. It works fine in there.

I have come to prefer the 3DR Solo app over SidePilot (SP) for everything accept changing/loading parameters (no way to do that in Solo app). It's simpler and easier to use and seems a bit more "stable"...meaning everything in it works. In SP, I have noticed trying to set the max altitude and distance have some issues...values don't get retained. There are a few other things in SP that are like that as well..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig