PolarPro vs Peau

It looks like the Peau set for the Hero 4 is no longer available. The link I posted is dead. It looks like you can only buy the filters separately now. :mad:

It looks like the Peau set for the Hero 4 is no longer available. The link I posted is dead. It looks like you can only buy the filters separately now. :mad:

That will be why they were reduced.
Phew, glad I got mine.
Sorry to hear they are no longer available. That's a downer.

I believe you get what you pay for, but these filters are much easier to make than, say, a lens. In other words, cheap filters should do fine...that said, only an A/B comparison will tell the tale.

I once saw pictures of back yard birds by a guy who was taking them THROUGH HIS PATIO DOOR, (dual-pane glass no less)...forum members (FredMiranda.com...pro and enthusiast-level photographers for the most part) couldn't tell...those images looked SHARP and CLEAR. (He was using some high dollar Nikon DSLR and a very good lens.)

A few comments in the thread talked about the patio door, and how that relates to choosing expensive lens filters (like Nikon), over cheaper filters (like Newer).

Just throwing it out there...

don't get me wrong, I am not one who believes that expensive is always better
Been shooting video under the water with gopros and getting great results compared to the guys lugging 2K cameras under the ocean.
But I also don't think cheap is always best either, some of this stuff is pure crap.
I hated the polar pro filters after I got the peus.
its all about results. and a lot of results has to do with the total shoot, from shot planning to post
Filters are one tiny part

Well, now that the Peau filter set is no longer available, I will probably just pick up a few single ones. First off, I will need an adapter, either 30mm or 52mm. Any recommendations on size? Then filters run $15 each for glass ones, so I would get maybe 2 or 3 of those. Which ones would give me the most versatility? They have UV, CPL, ND2, ND4, ND8, ND10. Thanks for any advice.

Here's the link to the filter page.

Not sure on the adaptor, I have the PP set.
I would say if you are filming in bright sunshine then you deft need the ND64, ND32, then it all depends upon the weather.

The filters do remove the jello if you have an aftermarket lens.

I use all mine 4 through to 64 so I'm afraid I'm not much help to you sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986