"PAUSE" button

Thanks Joe, I did read that. I was just echoing Dmitry's observation. My Fly and Pause buttons do not appear to be stuck because they have distinct on/off feel when depressed and do not feel they are stuck. But, if Rich's changed the way Dmitry's Pause button worked, I guess I have to take the controller apart and clean the buttons.

Again, If you haven't had issues out of the box, then the likely culprit is dust and dirt. Cleaning from the topside with compressed air and/or alcohol/swab maybe all that is required to remedy.

It should be a normal maintenance practice to inspect and clean the various moving components of your controller. So far I haven't found the Solo controller to be needy in that regard, but prior platform needed constant care for the control sticks. ymmv

Thanks very much Rich, always appreciate the help. I will try cleaning the topside first, then give it a go. I am a freshman Solo owner and did not realize that Solo should not switch to Fly mode after hitting pause button.

I'm another person whose had a sticky FLY button. I've just gotten in the habit of double checking and pulling it out with a little flick with my fingernail.

You need to open the controller? to get to the buttons?

Dmitry my power button is still sticking after cleaning. I opened the controller and just saw "computer stuff" not buttons. How do I get to the buttons?

My Fly button doesn't feel like it's sticking, yet in brake it would auto revert back to fly mode after 2 seconds or so.

Interestingly, Solo flight simulator there's no such issue, which leads me to believe it's not a physical culprit

Thoughts?

I'm confused. Isn't this normal behavior? You hit brake, it comes to a screeching halt, then reverts to fly mode to remain in that fixed position. This is what mine does, and how it's described in the manual. The exceptions being where the pause button has specific other actions during smart shots.

nope, in the official 3DR KB it says

Pause Button
The Pause button is Solo’s emergency air brake. Press Pause to stop Solo and hover in place at any time.

the original manual says something to the tune of that it will hover until you give another command/input.

No, that is exactly what's happening. Hover in place... that would be FLY mode. When you hit the brake button, it will stop and remain stopped. Which means it will stop, switch to FLY mode, and hold position. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, exactly as described in the manual.

No, that is exactly what's happening. Hover in place... that would be FLY mode. When you hit the brake button, it will stop and remain stopped. Which means it will stop, switch to FLY mode, and hold position. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, exactly as described in the manual.
is this "Brake" not exacly the Brake mode in ArduCopter?

The pilots controls are ignored in this mode. The vehicle must be switched out of this mode before the pilot can re-take control.

this is the offical Benefit of this mode.

Brake Mode — Copter documentation

From what I can tell, when you hit the BRAKE button on your controller, it will engage brake mode for maybe 2-3 seconds. Yes, it will ignore any other user input during that time. After braking, it switches to FLY mode, so it will hold position.

so the way you put it is if you hit the brake button it should convert back to fly but if the brake button (Pause) sticks in the down position is what I am referring to. It would not revert to fly and the user would have no control

I do not know what would happen in that case. It depends entirely on how the code was written to handle inputs from the button. If it just loops, sees the button is pressed still/again, I suspect it would remain in brake mode. But I would have to try it and see.

Reactions: pyrate
From what I can tell, when you hit the BRAKE button on your controller, it will engage brake mode for maybe 2-3 seconds. Yes, it will ignore any other user input during that time. After braking, it switches to FLY mode, so it will hold position.
so no input in Fly mode hovers just as stable as Brake mode?

In my very limited test Solo drifts a bit with no input even in situations with almost no wind...whereas right after hitting pause it seems more stable in freezing in place.

No, once it is in FLY mode, it is just normal fly mode. You can do whatever you want with it. But if you do nothing, it will just sit there. And drifting in fly mode is simply GPS drift.

My power button is sticking. Have to pull it up with my finger nail. I think the contacts are hitting even when I don't initiate it. I have seen controller power down without any press of the button. Also when powering down, I have to lift the button after pressing, otherwise the controller will not power off. This is a new unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44