Original Pixhawk Needed!

Reaction score
FOUND ONE!
Does anyone have a working original Pixhawk?

Last edited:
I thought you were asking about the big old 3DR Pixhawk... slab? Brick? If anyone needs that generation stuff and telemetry radios, etc I have a fair bit of kit I need to liquidate. I'll post it as a separate thread, but just throwing that out there.

Reactions: Maddog
Might be a stupid questions, but did the Factory 3DR Solo's come with a Pixhawk controller.. The little black box on the main board or is the Pixhawk an upgrade item and the little stock black box is (insert name here) controller? I got my Solo off Amazon in July 2016.
It's bricked and I'm trying to flash everything to see if I can get it to work.. A support person said it sounded like I messed up a setting on the Pixhawk and I should send it in to get repaired. Trying to do it myself first.

The 3DR solo has it's own little motherboard that a pixhawk cube attaches to (the little black box). The Pixhawk standard carrier board is a big controller board that the pixhawk cube also plugs into (that's the simplest explanation possible for now).

Now, why don't you tell us what it was that happened that resulted in a bricked 3DR solo and we'll try and help out!

The 3DR solo has it's own little motherboard that a pixhawk cube attaches to (the little black box). The Pixhawk standard carrier board is a big controller board that the pixhawk cube also plugs into (that's the simplest explanation possible for now).

Now, why don't you tell us what it was that happened that resulted in a bricked 3DR solo and we'll try and help out!

Gotcha! Good deal, and so I opened the QGroundControl app about a year ago I don’t remember changing any settings, closed the app, took the solo outside to fly and all it will do now is, go green and do the start up sound, then the back lights go red the front light goes blue and then starts beeping like crazy with the lights kinda flashing.. looks kinda like a cop car.

So my 1st bit of advice is to mount the drone in your car windscreen, you'll notice other road users pull over out of the way and you'll never be late for an appointment again!

2nd: Crazy lights and noises aside... what app are you currently using for controlling said drone? The 3DR app or Solex or other? And can you still connect to the drone?

That would work really good, as I have a Blacked out Dodge Charger with a tall Ham Radio Antenna on the back.. Well until the boys in blue see me..

So I'm currently only using the 3DR app. Figured I had enough fun with with the other apps for the moment.

So last night I bought two new cards, flashed them for the Solo and the remote to the OpenSolo 3.0.

Fixed my lights and beeping issues. Now the Solo won't connect to the remote and the remote says I need an update.
I'm positive there is something in here that tells me how to fix it so I'll be digging through the blogs tonight to try to find that fix.

Almost there... Maybe.

So if you've flashed the cards it sounds like you've used the factory (3DR) images. The very first thing that's going to happen as a result is the remote will ask for a preflight update before proceeding. So it's basically like having a brand new solo.

You'll need to pair the remote to the solo and relink your phone or tablet to the remote also. I honestly would have used the Open Solo images for the remote and solo as it does away with the preflight update.

Anyway, as it is....

Open the 3DR app on your phone and connect to the remote. The App will need to download the preflight update (and I hope the 3DR servers are still working).

Also turn on your drone, flip it upside down (carefully of course) and you'll see a small hole in the bottom of your drone. You need to get a paperclip, insert it into that hole and hold it down for about 2 seconds (make sure you feel the button inside being depressed). That will initiate pairing with the controller. Your controller should say something like "New Solo Found, press A & B to pair).

I've got 2 birds and controllers SD cards are FUBAR so I've got 2 new in pack sd cards one is 128 GB the other is 32 GB both are A1 I'm really new to this what do I need to do to flash these cards for bird and controller

Well this is what I’m about to do again: OpenSolo/documentation
I just did it once and something happened during the update process..
Scroll down to the bottom and click the link for: Install / Recovery with SD card images.
If you don’t know how to take apart you Solo or controller join the Facebook group: 3DR Solo Hacks and check the announcement page, or follow this link: 3drobotics/open-source

Either way same content. Good luck to you! It’s a process!

If anybody sees something wrong with this post let me know.

And let me know how it turns out!

Well this is what I’m about to do again: OpenSolo/documentation
I just did it once and something happened during the update process..
Scroll down to the bottom and click the link for: Install / Recovery with SD card images.
If you don’t know how to take apart you Solo or controller join the Facebook group: 3DR Solo Hacks and check the announcement page, or follow this link: 3drobotics/open-source

Either way same content. Good luck to you! It’s a process!

If anybody sees something wrong with this post let me know.

And let me know how it turns out!
Ok,well after taking apart both solos completely and I mean completely desoldered wires and all,i rebuilt one on a good motherboard (the one I was trying to get working was cracked) and flashed both cards with open solo 3.0.0 i now have a full function solo. Thank you to everyone that had input to making this possible y'all are the greatest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo