Open Solo 4 dev firmware in solex menu

Reaction score
So i was planning to download the latest and greatest firmware for my solo when i discovered the Open Solo 4 Dev firmware in the firmware section of Solex. So i started looking around here in the dev group for information on it, but found nothing, then the Solo discussion room and still nothing... so then i hopped onto peddals github where the Open Solo 3 firmware and directions were, and still nothing on OS4Dev.... so please someone tell me what is happening, i feel left out, lol!

DON'T DO IT
opensolo 4 DEV controller install Failure
LOOK THIS UP

Well my intent was to kinda soft-launch the dev version in the beta testing group. And more widely launch it as beta-1 when ArduCopter 4.0-beta begins in a week or two. But it seems people like to poke around in the firmware menu more than I thought. So the cat is kinda out of the bag in this forum. The link to the new Open Solo information is in my signature.

DON'T DO IT
opensolo 4 DEV controller install Failure
LOOK THIS UP
The many many many other people who did it without experiencing the problem you have would disagree with this sentiment. You are the only one this happened to, and it isn't a failure of the upgrade. You are welcome to not do it if you don't want to anymore. But I do not believe you are adequately informed enough to suggest others do or don't do it. There's only so much I can do over a forum, especially when the user I'm trying to help refuses to give straight answers to anything.

this is the ANSWER HE GIVE for the FAILURE .
I TOOK PIC
I MADE A VIDEO
i HAVE DID EVERY OTHER UPGRADE NO PROBLEM
4.0-DEV BRICK my solo
it back now
so it's ok but when you have 7 to 8 people tell you something went wrong SOMETHING WENT WRONG
BUT THE FUNNY THING IS FOLLOWING THE Instruction BRICK IT BUT WITH ON HELP I was ABLE TO BRING HER BACK?

Just installed using Solex by following the instructions exactly as stated here;

No issues at all - 10 minutes and all done.

Thanks Matt - as ever - for all your hard work and support.

Just installed using Solex by following the instructions exactly as stated here;

No issues at all - 10 minutes and all done.

Thanks Matt - as ever - for all your hard work and support.
I have worked through the instructions and it worked without an issue. I had an issue when trying 3.7 after following the instructions and doing the copter first, this time with the controller first not a problem.

Great work.

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
If people are gonna freak out when they attempt an upgrade and it fails then maybe, uh i dont know..... Dont try the BETA. I get that we all want upgrades cause like who dosent want something better for free!? But if you plan to download a BETA, then plan on being a BETA tester! Meaning some junk may happen at any point in time, there for its your job to note the incident save the files and get em back to the people who can figure out what happened so we can come up with solutions and Officialy launch OS4! Moral of the story is, " You no want maybe problem, you wait with consumers, You want to use cutting edge maybe buggy tech and help it to evolve, maybe get Beta"

I just upgraded a stock Solo with OpenSolo 4-Dev, per the instructions and had ZERO issues. Given, I print off directions, read them twice before beginning, highlight important points and check each step off with a red check mark as they are completed... (A touch anal)

Works flawlessly. Just updated the Solo recovery partitions on the bird and controller and deleted the Solo app off my tablet. "To Infinity (400') and beyond!" Buzz Lightyear

Is the current build environment & tools still the one on github? I'm I.mx6 curious....

I need some help. I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn, but I am trying. I did the upgrade to the Open Solo 4-Dev and I thought that I followed the directions to the letter but, apparently I made a mistake somewhere. I just want to be able to fly. After the update my controller is stuck in preflight update, my copter shows red and green light in the front and white in the rear and the app shows vehicle not detected. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. And I did try a factory reset after it appeared that it wasn't going like it was supposed to. Really hate it when I mess things up.

Attachments

• 20191227_182319.jpg
    20191227_182319.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20191227_182313.jpg
    20191227_182313.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20191227_182336.jpg
    20191227_182336.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
Stewart, I'm not sure, but you may need to use the 3dr solo app to do the preflight update. If you've tried that, you may need to power cycle everything, then try again. But please double check my suggestion before proceeding, or if someone knowledgable reading this can confirm or correct my advice, that would be helpful.

I've been out of the loop for a while but have been flying Solo for years and seem to remember having the same problem once and taking these steps. I don't want to give unsound advice though. I hope you can get flying soon.

Last edited:
Using the Solo app will "update" back to the orginal firmware (including restore partition) and then request pre flight update. Maybe try and install open solo 4 again and don't connect with the solo app.

Stewart, I'm not sure, but you may need to use the 3dr solo app to do the preflight update. If you've tried that, you may need to power cycle everything, then try again. But please double check my suggestion before proceeding, or if someone knowledgable reading this can confirm or correct my advice, that would be helpful.

I've been out of the loop for a while but have been flying Solo for years and seem to remember having the same problem once and taking these steps. I don't want to give unsound advice though. I hope you can get flying soon.

I really appreciate the assist. I did the factory reset. It went thru. Then did the pairing and that went thru. However, went to settings for preflight update and tablet shows system up to date at the top of the screen. But no check mark and it doesn't say fly at the bottom of the screen. Controller still in preflight update and the lights on copter, red, green on front and white on rear. Going to try reinstalling Solo open 4.

Using the Solo app will "update" back to the orginal firmware (including restore partition) and then request pre flight update. Maybe try and install open solo 4 again and don't connect with the solo app.

Even after a factory reset and pairing, solex cannot find my vehicle so I can't get into the Open Solo 4 download. Still scratching my head.

Reactions: SJS3DR
Even after a factory reset and pairing, solex cannot find my vehicle so I can't get into the Open Solo 4 download. Still scratching my head.
Factory reset sounds like it has gone back to orginal 3DR firmware. You can use the 3dr solo app and follow the instructions and carry out the pre flight update and then you can fly with that firmware using Solex or the solo app.

Check the password for the wifi connection as that would have reset to sololink also make sure you have location on when using Solex as this can cause an issue connecting.

You can then follow the instructions again to install open solo 4. After the update to open solo 4 there is a step to lock it in so the factory reset will revert back to open solo 4.

You did a factory reset, which is not any part of any instructions for Open Solo 4. The controller and copter will need to re-paired after a factory reset. Once you have the copter and controller paired and connected to each other, you can do the Open Solo 4 installation procedure again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc