Open Solo 4 dev firmware in solex menu

Factory reset sounds like it has gone back to orginal 3DR firmware. You can use the 3dr solo app and follow the instructions and carry out the pre flight update and then you can fly with that firmware using Solex or the solo app.

Check the password for the wifi connection as that would have reset to sololink also make sure you have location on when using Solex as this can cause an issue connecting.

You can then follow the instructions again to install open solo 4. After the update to open solo 4 there is a step to lock it in so the factory reset will revert back to open solo 4.

When I go into settings for Solo and tap updates to do the preflight update the screen says system up to date at the top of the page. It shows 2.4.2 above the picture of the drone and the controller. No check between the pictures either. And it doesn't say fly at the bottom of the page. Appreciate the help, not making this one easy am I. Well when I do it I do it good.

You did a factory reset, which is not any part of any instructions for Open Solo 4. The controller and copter will need to re-paired after a factory reset. Once you have the copter and controller paired and connected to each other, you can do the Open Solo 4 installation procedure again.

I will do that and let you know. Thanks.

You did a factory reset, which is not any part of any instructions for Open Solo 4. The controller and copter will need to re-paired after a factory reset. Once you have the copter and controller paired and connected to each other, you can do the Open Solo 4 installation procedure again.

You are right factory reset was not part of the instructions. I apologize for not being a little clearer. I did the reset after everything froze and didn't do anything for an hour. Was hoping that the reset would allow me to redo the open solo update. I did the pairing again and the controller showed that the pairing was complete. The controller then went back to preflight update. I went into the solo app and I can't get access to open solo. Any info will be greatly appreciated sir.

The old 3DR app is irrelevant and no longer needed. If the controller and copter are paired, then just follow the Open Solo 4 instructions and use Solex. OpenSolo/OpenSolo

The old 3DR app is irrelevant and no longer needed. If the controller and copter are paired, then just follow the Open Solo 4 instructions and use Solex. OpenSolo/OpenSolo
OK, two things. How do I get the controller past the preflight update and what does the lights being white on the rear, red on left front and green on right front signify? And how do I clear them? Your help has been very appreciated. Thx.

OK, two things. How do I get the controller past the preflight update
You install Open Solo 4 by following the instructions. It's going to keep saying that until you do.

and what does the lights being white on the rear, red on left front and green on right front signify? And how do I clear them? Your help has been very appreciated. Thx.
That's normal Open Solo aviation lighting. Apparently your prior installation attempt for the copter was successful before you factory reset the controller.

You install Open Solo 4 by following the instructions. It's going to keep saying that until you do.

That's normal Open Solo aviation lighting. Apparently your prior installation attempt for the copter was successful before you factory reset the controller.

So, I have advanced mode checked, but I'm not seeing the firmware updates menu when I am connected to my home wifi. I don't think it's downloading the parameters. Not sure if I am right.

In the app settings menu, set the default vehicle type for Solo.

Ok, I am the point of downloading both packages. but I can't get connected to the copter. It keeps telling me that it's looking for vehicle. Also it is telling me that the package is not compatible with this vehicle. Is there a way to do this through hardwire? I went in to see if I could at least get it on to the controller. No joy. It was easier working on hueys and cobras.

Last edited:
Using the Solo app will "update" back to the orginal firmware (including restore partition) and then request pre flight update. Maybe try and install open solo 4 again and don't connect with the solo app.
With Pedals2Paddles help, which has been greatly appreciated, I have been able to get the point where I can redownload open solo 4-dev. Have both downloaded to my tablet. When I try to install it to the controller I get a msg that states, package is not compatible with this vehicle. I don't know if this is because my tablet isn't seeing the solo or what. Thought about trying to run the install for the solo to see what it would do. But, I am a little hesitant to do this. l am getting a little frustrated. I'm in this situation by my own doing and I have an opportunity to get my 107 and make money and this happens. So any help to get me back in the air will be greatly appreciated.

With Pedals2Paddles help, which has been greatly appreciated, I have been able to get the point where I can redownload open solo 4-dev. Have both downloaded to my tablet. When I try to install it to the controller I get a msg that states, package is not compatible with this vehicle. I don't know if this is because my tablet isn't seeing the solo or what. Thought about trying to run the install for the solo to see what it would do. But, I am a little hesitant to do this. l am getting a little frustrated. I'm in this situation by my own doing and I have an opportunity to get my 107 and make money and this happens. So any help to get me back in the air will be greatly appreciated.
I did get this as well as it didn't identify it as a Solo, you need to make sure you have location turned on on your table as this can sometimes stop the Solex App finding your Solo?

I did get this as well as it didn't identify it as a Solo, you need to make sure you have location turned on on your table as this can sometimes stop the Solex App finding your Solo?
I double checked. I have my location turned on.

But, if they were paired wouldn't I be able to get this done and get back into the air? Just wonder.
And the solex says looking for vehicle.

Hope everyone had a good new year. Still trying to figure out how to get into the air. Going to ask a silly question, is there anyway to do like a reset that will let me start all over again or is there a fix to my idiot moment? :D Like a restore on your computer

Last edited:
Reactions: solodroneapache

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986