Open Solo 4 dev firmware in solex menu

Can you connect to the wifi network? After a reset the password resets back to the default sololink

Yes sir,I have been using the default password. When I go into the Solo app and go into settings this is what I get. See first 2 pictures. When I go into the Solex app and go into the firmware update for the Open Solo this is what comes up. See second 2 pictures. And it doesn't matter which app I go into both say looking for Solo. And the controller always goes back to preflight update required. This would be faster and easier if I could spend some time on the phone with someone. That's not to say that I don't appreciate the assist. Because I do. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20200102_021356.jpg
    20200102_021356.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200102_024201.jpg
    20200102_024201.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200102_022228.jpg
    20200102_022228.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200102_022316.jpg
    20200102_022316.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Again, the controller is always going to say preflight update required because you have now 3 different firmwares installed on various components that don't match.

When you open Solex, is it downloading all the parameters to 100%, followed by saying "vehicle type is solo"? Does the button say connect or disconnect? Do you have "cache parameters" disabled in app settings?

Again, the controller is always going to say preflight update required because you have now 3 different firmwares installed on various components that don't match.

When you open Solex, is it downloading all the parameters to 100%, followed by saying "vehicle type is solo"? Does the button say connect or disconnect? Do you have "cache parameters" disabled in app settings?
No, it is not downloading the parameters. Nor is it saying "vehicle type is solo." The button says connect. The green box is not checked in app settings.

Ok, so that's why it is saying incompatible. Solex is not connected, so it doesn't know what vehicle you have, so it doesn't know if it's compatible. What happens when you press the connect button?

Please post a screenshot of the Solex home screen. Also, are you sure you have location enabled on your phone/tablet, and are you sure it's connected to the Solo wifi?

Yes sir. First pic is the screenshot you requested. Second and third show location on and connected to solo wifi.

Attachments

• 20200103_092245.jpg
    20200103_092245.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200103_092211.jpg
    20200103_092211.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200103_092103.jpg
    20200103_092103.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Yes sir. First pic is the screenshot you requested. Second and third show location on and connected to solo wifi.
In your picture of location turned on, down the screen does Solex have permission to access the location?

OK. So it looks like you have everything configured properly. Any VPN in use? Does that have cell service too, or just WiFi?

No VPN and no cell service, just wifi

From your location picture there is Google and Play services that have made recent location requests. Is Solex in the list below of location services and enabled? Which version of Solex are you using as current version is v1.9.6?

1578100539080.png

Most likely a device routing problem. Try some other android device and i bet it will work.

Most likely a device routing problem. Try some other android device and i bet it will work.
First I want to say thank you to Webbs and you. For the information and the patience with my lack of computer skills. To let you know I cheated a little. I got a different android and a different controller. I did the updates to solo and then I went through the steps for open solo exactly as instructed. Everything now communicates as it should. My only problem now is that when I try to get the motors to start up it just buzzes at me. No lift off. I dealt with this before, but my memory ain't what it used to be so it may take me a little bit to figure out what I am missing.
I did also get another copter and I am trying to get it and my first controller to see each other so I will have a backup unit. I have another android device that I am trying to use to update solo, but every time I try to do the update it drops the wifi connection. It goes back and forth between the solo and my home wifi. I will focus on that once I get my primary flying. Didn't mean to write a book. Again thank you. If you have any ideas as to what I am missing on my primary that would be great to know.

Quick question - what file names should I be seeing in Solex for the latest OpenSolo 4 version? I still have the '2019 Dev' zips....even after a parameter download, Internet connection, Update Firmware clean/refresh etc.

Quick question - what file names should I be seeing in Solex for the latest OpenSolo 4 version? I still have the '2019 Dev' zips....even after a parameter download, Internet connection, Update Firmware clean/refresh etc.
Packages dated 10/2

O
Can you be more specific than "just buzzes at you"?
Tones at me when I push the fly button and it flashes this across the top of the screen on my android.
! prearm: 3d accel calibration needed. I took a video but I can't attach it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc