Open Solo 2.5-RC3 released!

Did the RC3 update. Takes longer for controller to find vehicle and at startup says cant find gimbal, other than those 2 hicups runs great.

Just updated to RC3. Everything went smooth. I do have a couple of questions about Open Solo: 1 - how do you set the RTL altitude? 2 - Since I was unable to the RTL altitude in Open Solo, I went in to Solo App and set it...is there a problem with doing that..ie..setting parameters in the Solo App, then using Open Solo for flying? 3 - Is there a screen that shows the current revision of the firmwares...like the one below from the Solo App? Matt...a big thank you for your work on this!

solo-firmware-2-5-rc3_reduced-50-jpg.7371

Attachments

• Solo Firmware 2.5-RC3_reduced 25%.jpg
    Solo Firmware 2.5-RC3_reduced 25%.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 29
Open Solo is the software running on your drone and on your controller. You can't set the altitude in open solo as it's not an app. You just need to open the solex app or the solo app to set the RTL. Not sure what you mean when your talking about using open solo for flying, again, open solo isn't an app.

I'm so sorry...I meant Side Pilot, not Open Solo.:confused:. My questions pertain to Side Pilot.

In the documentation, Matt talks about the "hover instead of landing when returning to home" functionality has been removed...and that the parameter RTL_LOIT_TIME (time Solo will hover before proceeding to land) can be modified to compensate for this. I was looking around at the parameters and found RTL_ALT_FINAL (altitude that Solo stops at when it finishes RTL). I changed the value from 0 (on the ground), to 200 cm. Now when I RTL, Solo sits and hovers forever at 200 cm...which is what I want. All of this to say, I'm new and learning this stuff, but is what I did the correct usage of that parameter? And does Solo and/or Controller need to be re-booted after a parameter change?

In the documentation, Matt talks about the "hover instead of landing when returning to home" functionality has been removed...and that the parameter RTL_LOIT_TIME (time Solo will hover before proceeding to land) can be modified to compensate for this. I was looking around at the parameters and found RTL_ALT_FINAL (altitude that Solo stops at when it finishes RTL). I changed the value from 0 (on the ground), to 200 cm. Now when I RTL, Solo sits and hovers forever at 200 cm...which is what I want. All of this to say, I'm new and learning this stuff, but is what I did the correct usage of that parameter? And does Solo and/or Controller need to be re-booted after a parameter change?

Your use of that parameter is correct. It's not one that many people use since it leaves the copter hovering until the battery dies. But if the mission use case makes this the better option, than that will do it.

Does the Solo need to be rebooted after a parameter has been changed and loaded?

Since I'm not sure which ones require a reboot...maybe I will make it a sop to reboot any time I change a parameter. That shouldn't cause an issue should it?

I just updated one of my 100% stock Solos to Open Solo RC3.

I too was unable to get the compass to calibrate and will follow the instructions earlier in this thread to fix it later today.

The other issue I'm having is with Artoo and the 1/2 preset buttons.

If I set them once, it takes the settings but if I try to change them they are "stuck" on the first setting.

I get two quick vibration signals when I change the angle then long press the one or two button on Artoo, but the new angle doesn't take.

It's not a big deal, it seems like I can adjust them one time after each power off of the Artoo.

More of a bug report. (or maybe it's just on my Artoo?)

You are aware of the two types of pushing the buttons, right? Long and short (quick) press. Had me confused until I re-read everything a time or two.

Update:
It looks like there are now 3 different possibilities with the gimbal angle buttons: short press, medium long press(~2 sec) and extra long press (>3 sec).

Extra long press is not assigned to anything by default.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000