Onn Tablet

Reaction score
Website
vsasolutions.com
Just got a 10” Oann ( Walmart’s brand) Android 9 tablet. WiFi only but very light, plastic shell, works well with Solex and stream is really good. $79 right now.

Onn is Wal-Mart's brand? Interesting... I was looking for SanDisk SD cards the other day and couldn't find them at Wal-Mart, so I bought some "Onn" cards. Aside from being packed in plastic that required a blowtorch and some chiseling to get them out, they seem OK.

I am really liking the tablet. One thing I like is the back is plastic, pretty tough and the battery last for every. I have Solex on it and it has been flawless so far. Light enough to still hold in a mount.

I may go pick one up this afternoon. Honestly, I have enough Android tablets that I could probably pave my driveway with them, or build some kind of touch-screen addition on my house. But it never hurts to have more. :)

I like that it has a microSD port. You can load maps onto that can be used by Solex from my understanding. Have not tested yet. That is next week.

Someone might be being modest here....I don't know if you know that you're talking with the developer of Solex - Kelly Schrock - one of the savours of Solo!

[emoji6]

• Wow
Reactions: Joe Horn
I like that it has a microSD port. You can load maps onto that can be used by Solex from my understanding. Have not tested yet. That is next week.

Best thing to do there is use Mapbox in the app (App Settings -> Map Type -> Mapbox -> restart). Then get on a WiFi that has an internet connection, and navigate to the place you want to see maps for. It will download them and cache them permanently (vs Google Maps which look a bit nicer and refuse to cache anything for longer than about a week). No need to screw around with downloading map tiles, which (honestly) I don't know how to do. :)

I just figured that out. Ha. Really glad that you are in the community. Open Solo, Solex and the community are the reasons I see myself really staying with Solo. I upgraded to Open Solo today, flawless. I figured out two of my batteries that I thought were bad are not and the BMS needed to be calibrated. I have a lot to learn and may be years before I get to pass it on but thanks for all the support. And Kelly, I see mission planner in my future next week.

Thanks for the map information. There is so much information and features to figure out that it may take a lifetime to learn. Love being able to analyze individual
Battery cells. Sweet.

Reactions: DJMc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea